Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RANDY QUAID YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD, RANDY QUAAAIIIIDDDDD
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I pray that Hollywood Hitman Squad he's been running from finally catches up with him.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
        I pray that Hollywood Hitman Squad he's been running from finally catches up with him.

Hahaha. That shit is crazy. He and his wife are nucking futs.
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• something new on the Quaid front?
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          Originally posted by Martin
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Besides that fact that he went insane, nope.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Why did he have to go and blab about Mars?

*is handed card*

Nevermind
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Agora.

Incredibly complex film about the rising tide of superstition in the face of reason.

The cinematography and the design of Alexandria were absolutely amazing, lending to it the realistic tone needed for such a story. From the impossibly intimate conversations between the key players to the detached bird eye view of the chaos erupting on the streets, the level of detail on display is astonishing when one takes the time to appreciate it.

Rachel Weisz, here playing the philosopher Hypatia, is unsurprisingly impressive in her portrayal. Focused, confident, and unfettered by the hysteria tearing the city apart, Weisz injects the role with a quiet strength.
                  Spoiler: For those without a history berk... 
                Even when the inevitable death sentence is carried out, she is stripped of her clothing and beaten, she retains her dignity, her humanity.
                She is fearless.

The story, regardless of time and setting, is just as relevant today. We see it every day, people giving over to religious fervor in place of logic and understanding. At one point in assembly, Hypatia is interrogated about her lack of allegiance to the Christian faith, to which she replies "You don’t question what you believe. I must." Balls as big as the Sun.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                  Agora.

Incredibly complex film about the rising tide of superstition in the face of reason.

The cinematography and the design of Alexandria were absolutely amazing, lending to it the realistic tone needed for such a story. From the impossibly intimate conversations between the key players to the detached bird eye view of the chaos erupting on the streets, the level of detail on display is astonishing when one takes the time to appreciate it.

Rachel Weisz, here playing the philosopher Hypatia, is unsurprisingly impressive in her portrayal. Focused, confident, and unfettered by the hysteria tearing the city apart, Weisz injects the role with a quiet strength.
                    Spoiler: For those without a history berk... 
                  Even when the inevitable death sentence is carried out, she is stripped of her clothing and beaten, she retains her dignity, her humanity.
                  She is fearless.

The story, regardless of time and setting, is just as relevant today. We see it every day, people giving over to religious fervor in place of logic and understanding. At one point in assembly, Hypatia is interrogated about her lack of allegiance to the Christian faith, to which she replies "You don’t question what you believe. I must." Balls as big as the Sun.

Who are you and what have you done with Russ?
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Russ took a sabbatical.

I'm Irwin R. Scheister.

(I had an acid flashback to an aesthetics class.)
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Do you just have a farm of Dawson .gifs now or some shit?

I bet you do. A cabbage patch of foreheads.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Do you just have a farm of Dawson .gifs now or some shit?

I bet you do. A cabbage patch of foreheads.

Comment

• Dragons and Karen Gillan: two ingredients that improve just about anything.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• And just like dragons, she can't be real. It's just not fair.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Russ took a sabbatical.

I'm Irwin R. Scheister.

(I had an acid flashback to an aesthetics class.)

Comment

Working...
                                X