Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to yous guys, I watched Knowing yesterday.

Crazy, crazy film. I'm glad it exists, just to prove that you can get really whacky, high budget ideas out there, but damn the final 20 minutes are fucking OUT THERE.

The destruction scenes are great (the plane crash and the fire sweeping the Earth) but those final 45 seconds or so out-Contact Contact for levels of awfulness. Just hideous.

Entertaining film, though Rose Byrne was AWFUL.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      the best is watching Michael Madsen totally phone it in, especially in the second film.
      Compared to some of his recent DVD premiere stuff, his performance in Species seems positively enthusiastic. Seriously.

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
      I loved Bored Madsen in "Species"! He looks like I do when I'm just sitting here at my desk.
      Maybe it's just me rating Madsen's performance against my own very high standards for looking bored, but I genuinely interpreted a lot of that in Species to be down to his character's "don't give two squirts" attitude towards everything but himself. He's only nice to the chick he wants to sleep with.

Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      I dig Species
      Guess it's just us left to "defend" this flick's "honour", mate.
      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
        Thanks to yous guys, I watched Knowing yesterday.

Crazy, crazy film. I'm glad it exists, just to prove that you can get really whacky, high budget ideas out there, but damn the final 20 minutes are fucking OUT THERE.

The destruction scenes are great (the plane crash and the fire sweeping the Earth) but those final 45 seconds or so out-Contact Contact for levels of awfulness. Just hideous.

Entertaining film, though Rose Byrne was AWFUL.
        Rose Byrne was TERRIBLE in this film. Wretched. I agree with pretty much everything else that you said, but I think that I liked it more.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Rose Byrne is alright in Damages. But really, that's Glenn Close's show.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• She was pretty good in Sunshine. Everybody was pretty good in teh Shunshines.

Someone should go watch Shernsheen. I think that someone is me.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Law-Abiding Citizen:

how the last 10 minutes can ruin a good movie.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                Interesting fact,

My dad got to speak to Henstringe once in regards to a divorce case he was working on. It was a point of pride for him.
                Unless he fisted her in the front of a jammed-packed Hollywood Bowl, it's just Natasha Henstridge.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• 'The Town' last night. Excellent. The Baaaaahston accents were a bit hard to make out at times, though. Affleck is the real deal on direction.

'Let it Ride' tonight. Still a fun little movie. Jennifer Tilly is fucking GORGEOUS.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

'The Town' last night. Excellent. The Baaaaahston accents were a bit hard to make out at times, though. Affleck is the real deal on direction.
                    Glad you liked it. One of my favourites of the year.

Predators.

I really enjoyed it. It's not amazing but it's the best Predator sequel so far and a lot of the cast were good, especially Brody. The final smackdown was quite satisfying.

How To Train Your Dragon

Great. Just great.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• 'Outlander' with Jim Caviezel, Ron Perlman, and John Hurt. We started watching it about 20 minutes into it while eating dinner. I'll be damned if we didn't get sucked into it.

The premise: Jesus is an alien who comes to Earth during the age of the Vikings. He's hunting a creature that has come here, a creature that is killing the different Viking tribes. They think it's a bear or something, but Jesus knows it's something far worse. I missed the initial setup as to how he got there...when we started watching, he'd been captured by John Hurt's Viking clan. Anyways, they take him in and do Viking shit while trying to kill this alien creature.

It's not GREAT but it's much better than it should have been. The acting is more than competent and the production design, even for a small budget, it pretty solid. The special effects range from meh to pretty cool. Ron Perlman is pretty cool and menacing as a rival Viking king who gets caught up in the fight.

Regarding 'The Town' - the wife officially wants me to buy it on blu-ray now. She can't stop talking about it.

Comment

• Matt I am like your wife. "The Town" was one of my favorites this year- if not my favorite. I definitely want to pick it up.

Comment

• A Perfect World

I remember hearing about this film via DERP and I finally got around to it. I was really impressed as I find this movie besides Unforgiven, to be Eastwood's best directed film. Hell, even Costner was great in this.

Plus, just really great shots of Texas. I honestly had no idea there was so much green in North Texas.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• That was a wierd one for her. She LIKED it when we finished it, but processing it for a few days changed it from LIKE to I WANT TO OWN THIS ONE. It's a damned fine film. 'The King's Speech' is still my favorite of the year, but 'the Town' is definitely in my top 10.

Comment

That was a wierd one for her. She LIKED it when we finished it, but processing it for a few days changed it from LIKE to I WANT TO OWN THIS ONE. It's a damned fine film. 'The King's Speech' is still my favorite of the year, but 'the Town' is definitely in my top 10.
                              That was exactly what I did. I left the theater was pleasantly surprised with it- and then over the next few days I thought about it and then thought "I love that film"

Comment

• My personal favorites for 2010:
                                1. 'The King's Speech'
                                2. 'Inception'
                                3. 'How to Train Your Dragon'
                                4. 'The Town'
                                5. 'True Grit'
                                6. 'Kick Ass'
                                7. 'The Social Network'
                                8. 'Toy Story 3'

I still need to see 'Winter's Bone', 'Black Swan' and 'The Fighter'. I may have forgotten a few favorites as well.

eta: I haven't seen 'Scott Pilgrim vs the World' yet either.

Comment

Working...
                                X