Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top is wobbling like a motherfucker. If you have a decent sound system you can hear the wobble.

Comment

• 'I'm Not Here'. Meh. What a boring, meandering, unintelligible documentary.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 1. Dogtown and Zboys (Documentary) - Awesome, angry at myself for not seeing this sooner. Really neat seeing shit that I grew up around. Highly recommended
        2. Breakin' 2 Electric Bugaloo - So much win. However Shabba Doo is very questionable, he may not be fully gay but he was definitely curious. His flamboyance rivals that of Boy George.
        3. It Might Get Loud - Watch this ASAP if you like music. The Edge, Jimmy Page, and Jack White talk about the electric guitar. You will get chills when you see legends geek out to guitar riffs. Available on Netflix Instant. APPROVED.
        4. Romancing the Stone - Classic shit.
        5. Jewel of the Nile - Quasi-classic. Happy the franchise stopped here.
        6. Wall Street - Pretty bad, don't understand why all the douchebags love this movie. It was fun, but horribly dated.
        7. Pusher II With Blood On My Hands - Really good. Second installment in the Pusher trilogy. The first was better IMO, but this was an interesting story. Was available via Instant, not anymore, if you have a queue space to waste go for it. But start with the first one.
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• 'Jewel of the Nile' is pure garbage. I liked the fact that the 'jewel' was a person, though.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
            'Jewel of the Nile' is pure garbage. I liked the fact that the 'jewel' was a person, though.
            It was pretty bad...the driving of the jet was cool though.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Wall Street is dated as all hell. But it does personify a particular time in the 80s. I'd have to say that movie is my favorite Oliver Stone movie.

And I watched Breakin 2 at the New Bev. I even got to ask what was the meaning behind the phrase "Electric Boogaloo". Not even the people involved with the movie had any idea.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                I watched INCEPTION again yesterday and I'm starting to believe Caine's thinking on the final scene. The top starts to wobble pretty good right as it cuts to black. It has me rethinking the whole thing.
                I still love the theory that the whole Inception job was done on Leo. In the end, he accepts the death of his wife. Gotta see it again.

Here's 2 great articles on Inception:

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/1...on_nolan/all/1

http://ebiri.blogspot.com/2010/12/this-is-probably-not-last-piece-ill.html

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/1...d_infograiphc/

Saw the A-Team. What a great fun flick. All four leads delivered.

Re-watched The Hangover. Still is solid as a rock. Deserves all the success it got.
                Last edited by Martin; 01-03-2011, 11:55 AM.
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Yeah, I need to watch 'the A-Team'...heard from numerous sources that it's great.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                    3. It Might Get Loud - Watch this ASAP if you like music. The Edge, Jimmy Page, and Jack White talk about the electric guitar. You will get chills when you see legends geek out to guitar riffs. Available on Netflix Instant. APPROVED.
                    IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!! So glad to stumble across someone else who's seen this! Remember on "The Monkees" whenever Davy would fall in love, and they'd put those little twinkle stars in his eyes? They should have put those little stars in Jack White's and The Edge's eyes while they listened to Page play "Whole Lotta Love". Other favorite part was The Edge finding the bulletin board at his old high school where Larry Mullen posted the ad for a guitarist for the "new band" he was putting together. That's the part that gave me chills!
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• The Hot Spot.

I think my dick exploded.

/great story
                      Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-04-2011, 02:58 AM.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' - Still a great movie. Steve Martin goes over the top a few too many times, but Michael Caine is absolutely flawless from beginning to end.

Comment

• Holy shit, speaking of Michael Caine, we watched the ending of Jaws 4 this weekend. Now I've seen this fucking movie countless times but the ending I saw this weekend was fucking new to me. They ram the roaring shark (like in the one I have seen) but this time the shark BLOWS THE FUCK UP. The copy I had on VHS the shark gets stabbed, bleeds out, takes the front half of the boat with him and sinks to the bottom. WTF HOAGIE?!
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            Holy shit, speaking of Michael Caine, we watched the ending of Jaws 4 this weekend. Now I've seen this fucking movie countless times but the ending I saw this weekend was fucking new to me. They ram the roaring shark (like in the one I have seen) but this time the shark BLOWS THE FUCK UP. The copy I had on VHS the shark gets stabbed, bleeds out, takes the front half of the boat with him and sinks to the bottom. WTF HOAGIE?!

Haha! You didn't know about that?
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                              Yeah, I need to watch 'the A-Team'...heard from numerous sources that it's great.
                              You've heard correctly, sir. Definitely worth a-watchin.'

Greenberg

Pretty charming, at times. I was left wanting for a scene where Stiller and Ifans rock out for the first time in 15 years, though. That would've been nice.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Watched The Howling last night,

It was alright, but the best part was the ending because when you think about it, it makes complete sense.

Makeup effects were top notch, especially with Robert Picado after he got hit with acid.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X