Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scroll up to the Amazon link and check it out while you earn Rob some money, dammit. Seriously, it's a great book. He wrote a bunch of travel books, but that one and "A Walk in The Woods" (about his hike along the Appalachian Trail) are his two best.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Was he actually hiking the appalachian trail?

Besides, I just bought a video game through that link

"Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Yes, he actually hiked a portion of it with a buddy of his. Their story is hilarious, and that book also has a lot of history about the trail. Very few people finish the whole thing - it's basically a hike from Maine to Georgia through some really rough terrain. It's very difficult to do.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Since we're gettin' all Australia up in here, this is for the older folks:

Remember Jacko?

Comment

• *crickets*
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Holy shit, I remember that guy.

Comment

• Me too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                  Since we're gettin' all Australia up in here, this is for the older folks:

Remember Jacko?
                  (raises hand) Yes, I remember him. He also was on that TV Show 'The Highwayman', iirc. His 15 minutes of fame was very, very fleeting.

eta: I was right, he WAS on that show (thanks, IMDB!)
                  Last edited by Matt; 12-27-2010, 08:59 PM. Reason: sfdfad
                  Originally posted by Martin
                  Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                  Originally posted by gravedigger
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                  And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                  Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ruckus, what did you think of The Town? I've seen it twice now and its one of my favourites of the year. Damn solid film, IMHO.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• We have 'The Town' on the docket to watch this weekend. Can't wait, actually.

Ben: have you seen 'The King's Speech' yet? If not, GET THEE TO A THEATER POSTE HASTE and see it. Wonderful.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        (raises hand) Yes, I remember him. He also was on that TV Show 'The Highwayman', iirc. His 15 minutes of fame was very, very fleeting.
                        Holy flashback Batman. I remember that show.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          Ruckus, what did you think of The Town? I've seen it twice now and its one of my favourites of the year. Damn solid film, IMHO.
                          I liked it, but it's not in my Top 10. It continues to prove that Affleck should only direct films from this point on. The man has an insane grasp on editing and pacing that a few veterans should pick up on.
                          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                            I liked it, but it's not in my Top 10. It continues to prove that Affleck should only direct films from this point on. The man has an insane grasp on editing and pacing that a few veterans should pick up on.
                            I hope he keeps acting as well as directing for as long as his heart's in it. I've never disliked the guy and I've seen him go from darling to punching bag and back again. It's great, probably the first time I've ever had the chance to legitimately say "I never stopped liking him!" about an actor. He had me at Holden.

That, my friends... was a shaaared moment.
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Yesterday: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Too long, even at 70 odd minutes. I still like the design, some of the voice acting, and the Oogie Boogie stuff, though.

Later yesterday: Shogun Assassin

YES!!!

I got the gorgeous new limited edition Blu/DVD dual edition steel tin. Never saw it before, but was meaning to for some time. Totally taken aback by how great it was. The gore. The amazing score. The ability to see its influence on the Tenchu game series, as if by some form of magical time travel... so much glory.
                              "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
                                Yesterday: The Nightmare Before Christmas

Too long, even at 70 odd minutes. I still like the design, some of the voice acting, and the Oogie Boogie stuff, though.
                                YES. I find this movie to be excrutiating to sit through in its entirety. I can handle it in very small doses but that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X