Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Lively was in Simon Says?!

Comment

• You Don't Know Jack

I was surprised that Pacino once again was really good in this. Plus, there was some great insight to what Jack Kevorkian did.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Blake Lively was in Simon Says?!
        Lol.

Yeah.

Sort of.
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• hahah. God I love Simon Says.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
            SIMON SAYS- Hahahaha, holy shit this movie is ridiculous. PICK-AXE CHUCKER. Crispin Glover totally channeled his inner Nicolas Cage for this movie. And now I'm wondering if Blake Lively had a nose job.

YES YES YES.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Ended up watching 'Kung Fu Panda' AGAIN yesterday (FX was marathoning it all day). I tell you, it's right up there with the best Pixar films in my opinion. The kung fu in it is spectacular, and the voice work/animation/production design are all top notch.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                It's not a very approachable movie. Plus, I'm not a fan of what could be considered "HARD SCI-FI". The world of Blade Runner appeals to me, the world of Dune is too overwhelming to follow imo.
                I see the truth of this.

The first time I tried watching Dune, I got as far as Duncan's demise (when things start going funky on Arrakis) before turning it off due to boredom.

What a difference a few years makes to a cinematic palette, eh?
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• We watched "Zombieland" and "It Might Get Loud" after turkey. Good lord, did I love "Zombieland"!! "It Might Get Loud" was fantastic, but "Zombieland" was the tits! The Bill Murray cameo - spectacular!

And as far as Julia Roberts' chick flicks go, "Pretty Woman" is ehhhh.... "Notting Hill" is awesome!
                  2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Blake Lively was in Simon Says?!
                    She's in the last five minutes, after all killing is over.

Comment

I finally watched GI JOE: A REAL NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION HERO. Maybe it was because I expected the worst but I actually liked this. The story was ridiculous but the action scenes were entertaining. And they stacked the deck by making the only three women in the movie all really hot.
                      YES. Another one joins the ranks of the awesome people who dig on that flick.

Comment

• Michael Mann's early train ride to LOLtown: The Keep.

A strong visual flair only goes so far, as the plot to the movie goes from typical horror setup (Nazis make it their business to set up shop in a shitty little Romanian town's medieval keep, where a monster of unknown origin may or may not lurk) to some quasi-religious version of Dracula, only this time the Count is a golem that can make people explode by huffing their lifeforce out of their eyes and mouth.

It sounds much more interesting than what it ultimately leads to, and the synopsis is too concise for its own good as it is. Yes, it really is an incomprehensible mess, but with some interesting camera tricks and a Tangerine Dream score.

Scott Glenn, Gabriel Byrne, and fucking Gandalf in a wheelchair star.

Don't Look Back.

A mind-bending affair with Sophie Marceau and Monica Bellucci as two parts of the same role. It begins like many psychodramas, but the gradual slip of reality is handled so well that it sidesteps those usual shitty cliches and instead allows the viewer to play along with the ever-changing fabric of the film's reality. The fact that they snagged both of these women to occupy the same frame (albeit in some strange yet visually stunning ways) is also an obvious strength this film possesses.

On insta-view if you are so inclined.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                          Michael Mann's early train ride to LOLtown: The Keep.

A strong visual flair only goes so far, as the plot to the movie goes from typical horror setup (Nazis make it their business to set up shop in a shitty little Romanian town's medieval keep, where a monster of unknown origin may or may not lurk) to some quasi-religious version of Dracula, only this time the Count is a golem that can make people explode by huffing their lifeforce out of their eyes and mouth.

It sounds much more interesting than what it ultimately leads to, and the synopsis is too concise for its own good as it is. Yes, it really is an incomprehensible mess, but with some interesting camera tricks and a Tangerine Dream score.

Scott Glenn, Gabriel Byrne, and fucking Gandalf in a wheelchair star.
                          Molasar would have words with thee:

(Still, great review! I'm also interested in Don't Look Back, thanks to your info!)

Comment

• The Fall.

Finally got around to seeing Tarsem Singh's second film, and was of course captivated by the visuals.

The story was somewhat reminiscent of MirrorMask, inasmuch as The Fall also utilizes fantasy as a guide for the fractured to conquer their fears and overcome personal tragedy. And a bit of Baron Munchausen as well.

The relationship between the Roy (the storyteller) and Alexandria (the girl he spins the tale for) characters was quite touching, though the conclusion to their relationship is strange considering the attachment that each has to the other, having been through their own personal hell to finish the telling of the story.

Ending with a voice-over shored up some of the positive feelings I had for the film, but it was still quite enjoyable.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-27-2010, 11:39 AM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• HOT TUB TIME MACHINE- I still don't get the love for Clark Duke but Craig Robinson and Rob Corddry were great. Also, CRISPIN GLOVER. I liked how they dealt with the time travel stuff, too.

JACKASS 2.5 - Holy cash grab. This should have just been a special feature on the DVD rather than a separate release. Still, Preston blasting ass in Steve-O's face was hilarious.

I started watching BAD LIEUTENANT NEW ORLEANS but got too sleepy. It's pretty crazy so far. Not sure why Herzog is using so many weird digital shots focusing on lizards but I'm rolling with it.

Comment

HOT TUB TIME MACHINE- I still don't get the love for Clark Duke but Craig Robinson and Rob Corddry were great. Also, CRISPIN GLOVER. I liked how they dealt with the time travel stuff, too.
                                Duke's a lovable douchebag in Sex Drive.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X