Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Here's the important thing Lisa.

LET ME SEE YOUR WAR FACE!
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!

Comment

• GRAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• You don't scare me.

Work on it.

Comment

• I still wish Modine had become a huge star. He's bigger than Transporter 2, DAMMIT!

Anyone have the book he released with all of his writings and photos from the FMJ shoot?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post

Anyone have the book he released with all of his writings and photos from the FMJ shoot?
            No, but I really want it.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Watched about the first half of The Hunger. Fucked up. Bad choice to watch prior to playing a show.
              Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
              Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
              POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                ...("unobtanium", James? Really? You come up with this fantastic world and great story, and your MacGuffin is called "unobtanium"?)
                To be fair, this is actually a term used for anything discovered that has unknown origins/properties.

And Lisa, as someone who has also seen FMJ untold times over almost 20 years, I had never made that connection, but its a very interesting idea and certainly not beyond the sort of thing Kubrick would have gone for. You've made me wanna watch it again now. Bravo.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Oh, I saw a Marx bros. film that I don't think I'd seen in full before - Monkey Business. And it was great! The finale with Zeppo fighting in the barn while the others all do their ridiculous thing was pretty amazing. But my favourite bit was, as always, a Groucho line:

"Oh, why can't we break away from all this, just you and I, and lodge with my fleas in the hills? I mean... flee to my lodge in the hills. "

This was one of the few Marx films that actually made good use of Zeppo too, which I really appreciated.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• At the risk of sounding totally cheesey, you guys have made me totally geeked out happy today! I mean, the shit I took from Devin and Spike for not ever bringing anything to a movie discussion, and now you guys have taken something I mentioned seriously! (*Sniffle!*)

Photos of both actors, both from FMJ:

Vincent D'Onofrio as Gomer:

Adam Baldwin as Animal Mother:

I'm really excited that I spotted it, and that it might have possibly meant something more than just the resemblence! Okay, I'll stop nerding out now!
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                      To be fair, this is actually a term used for anything discovered that has unknown origins/properties.
                      Well, check out the big brain on Ben here! Well done, sir, and I've learned something new! I happily recant my hasty shot at Mr. Cameron and his imagination.

Ah, Lisa! Well done, little missy, for catching something that passed by most of us - probably as this was your first time watching the flick, it was easier for you to make the connection, as opposed to us who've seen the film so many times we'd easily miss such a thing, as we become more used to "OK, here's the part where they beat Gomer Pyle with the soap. Next he's gonna talk to his rifle..."

Again, well done, and know that Kubrick is smiling upon thee. Now, what will you do for an encore?

Comment

• wow, count me in on the HOLY SHIT I NEVER NOTICED THAT factor on FMJ. Interesting, Lisa.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• And with those 2 pictures, your thesis is now sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post
                            And with those 2 pictures, your thesis is now sound.
                            Thank you, guys!

One of the things that George has always said to me before I saw the movie is that - "one thing you need to understand about FMJ is that it's like two short movies rolled into one. The first half is when they're at boot camp in the states. The second half takes place in Vietnam after they're sent over. But it's very much like two seperate movies connected by the same characters." And if you think about it - Gomer is only ever in the first "film", and Animal is only ever in the second "film". Which to me, lends even more to the idea that Gomer and Animal are like two sides of the same coin. They never meet, they never interact, they're in no scenes together. But you can see in Animal what Gomer might have turned into had he gone to war. And then on the other side of the coin, you can see in Gomer what Animal might have been like before going to Vietnam.

Comment

• Next thing you know, she'll gain 400 pounds, grow a beard, and harass people over the internet...

Well done, Lisa!

I hope my monologue was internal!

Comment

• And the thunder has been brought...

Comment

Working...
                                X