Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And before someone says it, I also hated the fucking remake of Willy Wonka as well
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Not really. Also, the singing and dancing (what little there is) does little to advance the plot. Just kid stuff really.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• *snifles*

"Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          And before someone says it, I also hated the fucking remake of Willy Wonka as well
          Now this is HATE I can get behind.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
            Not really. Also, the singing and dancing (what little there is) does little to advance the plot. Just kid stuff really.
            Agreed. A musical needs to have music that advances the plot. Oz doesn't really have that.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The only good thing that came from Willy Wonka was Marilyn Manson's first two albums.

Comment

• it has singing. it has dancing. it's a musical as far as I'm concerned.

I respect 'The Wizard of Oz' for what it is and what it brought to the table as far as entertainment goes. It's a quality film that is very innovative in many, many respects. it's jut not for me.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Do I need to pull out some westerns and a few war movies that have singing and dancing and call them musicals too?

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Gene Wilder owned as Wonka. Come on, now.

And no one in their right mind would like the Burton remake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                        Do I need to pull out some westerns and a few war movies that have singing and dancing and call them musicals too?
                        Yes. They are musicals and that's fine. They're just not my bag, regardless of the fact that they're also westerns or war movies.

I DID enjoy 'Moulin Rouge', though.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                          Gene Wilder owned as Wonka. Come on, now.
                          Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          At least Willy had Gene, but fuck that movie. .

Comment

• I get it.

Still, who's the souless bastard now? These are timeless movies, perfect for kids.

I'm not sure how you can muster hate for those movies.

Comment

• They are not timeless movies. I call bullshit.

Comment

• Wizard of Oz is not timeless?

GTFO, good sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X