Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans

Fucking loved this. Classic Cage. Awesome dialogue. Writing. I was pleasantly surprised to be thoroughly entertained.

Comment

• It's a surpsingly good movie, fej

I watched the remake of The Crazies. It was alright, Olyphant was doing his thing and Cedar Rapids is completely fucked.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• 'The Insider'. We were watching it while dealing with World War Mouse.

I remember watching this in the theater and loving it. Watching it again last night reminded me of WHY I loved it. I'm officially stating here and now that it's Michael Mann's best film and features career best performances from Crowe, Pacino, and Plummer.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Boy and his Dog. Interesting film, obviously influential to our idea of the typical post-apocalyptic wasteland, but I don't know if it's a very good movie. It was a chore to finish.

Comment

• Lilo and Stitch....again. It makes me want to learn hula and have a pet fish named Pudge who controls the weather.
            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Woke up to having a sore throat/general amounts of congestion and being upset about the development.

Then I saw that Pootie Tang was on and laughed myself back to sleep.

/great story
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Last night we rented "Daybreakers". FABULOUS! Loved it - I really thought it was well done, and in the midst of all this "Twilight" shit, it was good to see a well-put together vampire flick. I'm mostly a traditionalist with my vampire movies, so all the new-ish points in the storyline -
                  Spoiler: for example... 
                vampires being able to be turned back into humans, other vampires turning into humans if they bite a human who used to be a vampire, etc.
                - were fine with me. Hey, sometimes when you bend Bram Stoker's rules, it still works out. I mean, if vampires can fucking sparkle and not draw a single drop of blood to keep 14 year old girls happy, then I can go with some of the "newer" aspects of vampire-lore in THIS film. And we both LOVED the new way the world had been re-modified to accommodate that 95% of the population were vampires -
                  Spoiler: like these! 
                the subway walking tunnel, blood added to coffee like it was creamer, all the modifications on the cars, such as the warning that they're in danger of sunlight coming into the car, like the old "DING! Your lights are on" signals that we take for granted.
                We both thought it was really great stuff, and enjoyed the hell out of it.
                Last edited by Lisa; 09-06-2010, 06:13 PM.
                2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I really need to see that still.

Comment

• Repo Men

Why? Why? WHY? The premise wasn't bad, the fights were alright, but the ending, the twist, was a pure ripoff of a classic. It took an average movie down to BAAAD.

Armored

Not a THAT bad, but what a colossal waste of talent. Reno, Fishburne and even Skeet are all wasted. Only Dillon going FULL EVIL and that unknown black guy were ok. And fuck that Peter Petrellli bitch. I kept wishing he'd die.
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Same as Billy - glad it's more old school than this Twilight stuff. I'll try and catch it soon.

Repo Men and Armored - I'll wait for those to hit the cable movie channels - I do want to see 'em, but wasn't too impressed by the trailers.

Comment

• My father rented them. No way was I gonna pay for those.

Comment

• http://www.screened.com/news/30-days...e-of-town/806/

I didn't watch this, but I'm hoping someone (Vin? Martin?) will, and report back.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            http://www.screened.com/news/30-days...e-of-town/806/

I didn't watch this, but I'm hoping someone (Vin? Martin?) will, and report back.
                            Nice of you to throw me and Martin under the bus, Billy...

God's balls, son! If you're going to fuck us, then at least kiss us first!

I'll watch it tonight... fucker.

Comment

• No shit. Why on Earth would I do that? Tonight is Supernatural season 5 for me!

Comment

• 'Below'. This was a damned solid little thriller. I admired the way that the film utilized the claustrophobic space within the submarine...it all felt very real, and you were able to understand WHERE YOU WERE within the submarine itself. The wife and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Also, last week we watched 'the Dream Team' (from the late 80s). It wasn't as funny as I remembered it being, but it definitely had its moments. Michael Keaton was great, of course.
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X