Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACK DYNAMITE- Honestly, I haven't understood the crazy love the internerds have for Michael Jai White. Then I watched this movie. Holy shit, it's amazing. I daresay it's a better homage to a particular '70's genre than GRINDHOUSE. So crazy and awesome.

Comment

• Totally with you Grave.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• 'Stir Crazy' (1980)

Again, another film from my youth that I probably shouldn't have revisited. Pryor and Wilder do make a good team, but Wilder is DIALED UP TO 11 here and it gets pretty damned grating.

Thoughts:
        - There are some really bizarre scene transitions that totally skip plot details...how did this person know THIS??? Why did they go HERE??? It's like minor plot points got dropped on the cutting room floor.
        - It's not very funny, especially in the second half. You've got a prison rodeo and an escape sequence, and none of it is really played for laughs. It's a bizarre tonal shift, especially since the first half of the film is so manic.
        - There's a nude bar scene that is totally unneeded. I mean, I like looking at the nude gals as much as the next guy, but there was really no reason that the film couldn't have done the scene another way, tone down the language a bit, and made the film PG.

'Silver Streak' was much better.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• What do you think they'd do to us if we were in here, Rich?

THEY WOULD FUCK US, GENE!

Comment

• I saw Silver Streak for the first time a while ago and I had no idea that Gene Wilder was an action star in that movie. That movie is basically Pineapple Express for the 1970s.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Kick Ass...it was glorious...buy this if you haven't already.
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Taking Woodstock.

I actually really dug this flick. Ang can shoot, that's for sure. Loved Liev Schrieber's character, dug on Dimitri and I actually enjoyed that they didn't focus on the music. In fact there is pretty much no "footage" of the actual concert in this flick. Instead it's all about the people that put it together. My only gripe was that it was about 20 mins too long. IT looked great on blu though.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Half of "I know what you did last Summer"...fuck I don't remember it being this boring/weak

Comment

• That's probably because you saw it when you were like 16. Fuck that movie and its sequels.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Taking Woodstock, eh?

How's my other celebrity doppleganger Emil Hirsch in this?

Comment

• Not bad. He's not in it that much. But he plays a Vet well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister B View Post
                          Half of "I know what you did last Summer"...fuck I don't remember it being this boring/weak
                          Always thought that was a terrible film. Never saw the sequels and only watched that one cos it came free with one of my first DVD players.
                          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I always enjoy seeing that guy get work. At some point, I'll need to get the nerve to watch In the Wild.

Dude was great in MILK, in my view.

Comment

• Yeah it is on Instant...about to fall off. I may just let it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                I'll need to get the nerve to watch Into the Wild.
                                Its INCREDIBLE. Its a tad tough to get through the end sequence, but so worth it. Hirsch is great in it (his best work in my opinion) and it's Penn's most mature, restrained directorial work. Its a beautiful travelogue of unseen America and a really well-written, well acted film. Worthy of standing beside the other great American films of 2007.

Ed, please watch it post-haste. I really don't think you'll regret it.
                                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                                X