Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YES! Same guy! He also wrote the film.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
      Yup, that's the difference between you and him. I can't imagine anyone doing that for him, not with the way he treats his posters.

It was a shit flick that missed the point like a blind man trying to hit the toilet.

But, Devin isn't Rob. Devin's been on G4, people. G4! That's Hollywood.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• G4... home to Cops reruns, and ... other stuff. Jeez, and I used to watch the hell out of that network when it was TechTV. Can't even watch X-Play or Attack of the Show anymore.

Anywho, caught a bit of A Bridge Too Far this morning, and WOW! Talk about star power in this flick: Sean Connery, James Caan, Eliott Gould, Gene Hackman, etc. (caught the scene where Caan is trying to get his severely wounded buddy past the Nazis in the woods, avoiding tanks, etc. until he gets to the aid station whereupon he pulls his sidearm against the doctor on duty. Awesome scene.).

Comment

• A lot of star power in this, but it's kinda wasted. The movie's allright, but it's not stellar.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
            A lot of star power in this, but it's kinda wasted. The movie's allright, but it's not stellar.

90% of the film's problem fall on the script and the editing.

A tighter hand to the production would've created something stellar.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I haven't seen that film in a long, long time, but I remember it feeling like a bloated mess with some really GREAT moments here and there.

------

Changing gears for a second...I'm surprised that nobody has commented on my viewing of 'Easy Rider'. Am I totally off the mark on my opinion of the film?
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
                90% of the film's problem fall on the script and the editing.

A tighter hand to the production would've created something stellar.
                That's right. It's all about the pacing. It's so off you disconnect by the end of the 1st hour.

Comment

• I tried watching Hellfighters on Saturday. This could be perfect as a remake as the subject of the oil well firefighter has not really been talked about.

Outside of that one documentary I saw about the Kuwati Oil fires in elementary school.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• As a Texas elementary student Hellfighters is mandatory viewing in 2nd or 3rd grade.

Comment

• What's the moral of the story from Hellfighters? Make sure you don't have gunfire near an oil well.

Comment

• Kick-Ass. Picked it up in Seattle as the final movie to watch of the vacation. I kinda hated it my first time around but dug it alot more this time. Once I knew that nothing was going to be realistic (as I had originally thought) I had more fun. Still a tad too long but goddamn does Nic Cage fucking rock in it. Also, watching my ma's faces when Hit Girl said "cunt" was fantastic.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• You're on the road to recovery, Rob.

Comment

• it needs about a 5-10 minute edit in the middle of the film, but it's otherwise perfect. Glad that you came around on it, Rob.

Comment

• Currently watching Dogtown and the Z Boys. This documentary is indeed worthy of its praise. Now I can see why they tried to make a movie about this.

Still, seeing all that talent on display makes me feel like I wasted my life.

Oh well, it's at least cool that these guys skated at my elementary school. Besides, where do you a skater out there with vision problems?

Comment

• '1941' (actually, only the first half...I had to turn it off)

Unwatchable. I remembered it being bad, but I didn't remember it being THIS bad. Painfully, PAINFULLY unfunny and overdone. How do you take a cast filled with THIS MUCH TALENT and totally waste them all? It's stunning just how bad this is.
                                Problems:
                                1. Story. There are mutliple plotlines going on (Japanese invasion of Hollywood, the big USO dance contest, Tim Matheson getting laid, others), none of which gel or are even the slightest bit interesting or entertaining.
                                2. Noise. Everything is frantic in an effort to provide some sort of manic energy to the proceedings. Instead of being funny, it's annoying and LOUD.
                                3. Stupidity. The only reason you make it from plot point A to plot point B is because everyone's a complete idiot.
                                4. R Rated comedians in a PG Rated film. Why canibalize the best people from SNL and SCTV (John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Joe Flaherty) and give them NOTHING TO DO THAT'S FUNNY?

I remember reading (or seeing) somewhere where Spielberg himself admitted that this is one of his most important films...he NEEDED to have this big of a flop early in his career as it taught him what NOT to do when making a 'blockbuster'. He apparently learned from his mistakes: he followed it up with 'Raiders of the Lost Ark', arguably my favorite movie of all time.

I also remember watching a documentary on the film 'Airplane!' which came out that same year. Robert Stack, like everyone else in Hollywood, desperately wanted to be in '1941' because it was a Spielberg film that was destined for greatness...it was the hot ticket in town and everyone wanted a piece of it. Meanwhile, he was also being chased down by these unknown, crazy kids to do 'Airplane!'. He kept brushing them off, but they were absolutely relentless in trying to get him for their film. He finally caved in and did all of his scenes in a very short period of time (I think that he said a week) and totally forgot about it. Lo and behold, '1941' flops BADLY and 'Airplane!' goes on to be one of the biggest hits of the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X