Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 Again.

Not bad. Zac Effron is quite charismatic, but his uber-rich Geek friend stole the show.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Ah yes, Lt. Dangle himself.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
        I'm finishing up watching The Day After.....this was not a good idea.

This is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.
        That and WarGames scared the shit out of me at the time. I was always thinking WW3 was going to happen. And Robards was in another depressing movie around the same time I think, Johnny Got His Gun.

Comment

• Just watched Below on instant view.

For you Bruce Greenwood fans, this is a must see. He is fantastic in it. Plus Zach Galifianakis is in this! This is a real gem.

Comment

• 'Easy Rider'. I'd seen bits and pieces of it over the years but never the whole thing.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't care for it. I can respect what it tried to do and what it stood for, culturally, but man...it just is NOT my bag. It struck me as a movie of its time: you had to live through that period in history to understand it and relate to it. Me, I couldn't...all that I saw was two individuals coasting through life as 'free' people. Jack Nicholson injected some much needed energy into the proceedings, and his campfire scenes were pure gold, but most of the film felt very lethargic and uninspired.

I'll take 'Vanishing Point' any day of the week.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Plus Zach Galifianakis is in this! This is a real gem.
              WHAT? I don't remember that!

Comment

• He's in it alright, you can't miss that beard of his.

Not sure how he was able to get away with that in the service. But that's not the point.

Comment

He's in it alright, you can't miss that beard of his.

Not sure how he was able to get away with that in the service. But that's not the point.
                  Back in the day, beards were permitted...

Comment

• Yeah man. No one gave shit to Gandalf back in the days.

Comment

• KICK-ASS- Yeah, it's awesome. It's kind of weird how Kick Ass is almost a non-entity but it's pretty hard to keep pace with Hit Girl. Loved a lot of the "holy shit" deaths/explosions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                        Cass, did you like 'Step Brothers'?
                        I watched it Matt! I have to say it was far funnier than I expected. I wont say it was a great comedy but I laughed out loud a lot. Definitely worth a watch.

Comment

• About to watch STII. Tears to commence in about 80 minutes.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• 'The Visitor'

This was great, and very different from what I expected. If you're not familiar with it, it's about Walter, a college professor (and recent widower) who lives in Connecticut. He also has a rarely visited apartment in New York, and he goes to visit it when he has to travel there for a conference. Upon entering his apartment, he discoovers that two illegal aliens (a Syrian and his Senegalese girlfriend) have rented the place from a shady guy named Ivan. Realizing that they've rented the place in error, they pack up and leave. Walter, realizing that they have no place to go, allows them to stay until they can make other arrangements. This starts a very real friendship between Walter and the Syrian, Tariq, who is a musician in a Jazz band. Tariq starts to teach Walter how to play the drum which, in turn, starts to bring Walter out of his funk. From there, it progresses into a pretty vivid exploration of what it means to be an illegal immigrant in New York.

Solid, powerful movie. Richard Jenkins is great as Walter (hard to believe that he also played the dad in 'Step Brothers') and the rest of the cast (a bunch of unknowns) all do stellar work. The script is very REAL feeling and it doesn't cop out on hitting some rough topics.

The wife and I both loved it.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Never even heard of The Visitor. Going to go find it on Netflix right now.

Comment

• IIRC, The Visitor was directed by the guy who also directed The Station Agent. For you Wire fans, you'll remember the guy as the sleazebag reporter in season 5.
                                Last edited by Ed Hocken; 08-09-2010, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X