Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Raising Arizona is funnier than The Big Lebowski.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Well Raising Arizona is funnier than The Big Lebowski.
      Totally different animals. Sorta.
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• That wasn't a knock on TBL, I love that movie....but Raising Arizona is much funnier in my opinion.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And it has a chase scene that paved the way for such memorable foot chases as those seen in Narc, the Bourne Ultimatum, and Strange Days. With less banjo solos, of course. Sorry if it was some sort of indictment of Lebowski, because The Dude is great. But, Raising Arizona is the OG Coen comedy, and it is still just as good as it was when it first came around.

Burn After Reading definitely has a cast that would be comfortable in either universe. I could see Linda (McDormand) living in the same apartment complex as The Dude at some point. Maybe they'd hit it off.

EDIT: After sleeping on it, I liked it much more than I thought.
          Last edited by Captain Russ; 09-13-2008, 02:05 PM.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Saw Talk to Me earlier. As sad as it sounds, it was the first time that I had heard of Petey Green. Don Cheadle and Chewie Ejiofor are great, have a great rapport, which added to film. Definitely worth checking out for their performances, even if it is a bit of an uneven film.

Time to finally open and watch, what we FILM STUDENTS refer to as, a classic: Le Samourai. Subtitles HO!
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• nice.

*secretly wishes he was a film student.*

Comment

• It has it's ups and downs. Too bad you can't have many conversations about it, as my school mostly consists of tools/toolsheds and business students.

When you bring up a good, guilty pleasure as something that you enjoy, like Tango and Cash or Chris Lambert's Fortress, you get the elitist stink eye. It seems you're only allowed to discuss Truffaut or Antonioni if you want someone to reciprocate.

Pisses me right off.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Yeah, that must suck. When people can't appreciate a nice Jack Burton or an epic Ray Tango it makes me die a bit on the inside.

Comment

• Trailer for Trailer Park Boys Movie.

I dunno, I'm totally sure the beer helped, but Bubbles and his kittens made us laugh every single time.... Not high art in the slightest, but goddammit, Bubbles!

Comment

• Le Samourai kicked French New Wave ass. Alain Delon as Jeff the Hitman is so fucking cool. Equal parts Steve McQueen and a young Jack Nicholson. But French. Tight direction, moody as all hell, and paced pretty briskly. The ending definitely hits like a sucker punch. Check it out if you have access to a Criterion Collection near you.

Also saw Once, finally. I'd seen the last half of it sometime earlier this year and never got around to seeing it all the way through until tonight (I have the sort of social life most hermits would kill for). So very, very good. The music, the chemistry between the leads, and the lack of typical romcom cliches made it worth the wait. Better late than never.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Still haven't seen Once yet. I believe it's on my que somewhere. Probably buried beneath Transformers on Blu and Predator 2.

Comment

• I saw Shaun of the Dead, finally. I know, I should have seen it already, but I never did. I was impressed by some of the shots in the film. I loved it. I also watched All the Boys Love Mandy Lane. I liked it more than I thought I would. Amber Heard isn't bad on the eyes either.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• So I watched the Big Lebowski yesterday for the hundredth time and today at work I'm standing out front having a smoke and John Goodman walks over and ask for a light... I just wanted to ask him if he could get me a toe!

"Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

• the frighteners. so good. i don't know why that also isn't in my collection collection dust...
                              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Fortress love here...but my favorite was the 1986 made for TV version, saw it on Saturday afternoon movies when I was like 10, greatness...

Watched The Untouchables...awesome flick. Costner is great, DeNiro is great, Garcia is meh...and Fucking Connery stole the show.

Chick Flick...watched a good portion of Music and Lyrics with my wife...meh, fucking crap to be honest, but Hugh Grant is fucking hilarious in this shit. British humor is so not teh suck.
                                Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Working...
                                X