Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, Bachelor Party. I got to re-watch that some time.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
      THREAD FOR THIS DISCUSSION IS ELSEWHERE, unless you're going to discuss Victory.

Tighten up.
      Watched that last night. Still <3 that flick.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Bachelor Party? A favorite, but I gotta tell ya. You can have Tawney Kitaen. I'm claiming Monique Gabrielle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
          THREAD FOR THIS DISCUSSION IS ELSEWHERE, unless you're going to discuss Victory.

Tighten up.
          Sweet movie, but one of my fave footy films is 'Mean Machine'. Granted, it's a British rip of 'The Longest Yard'... but it's streets ahead of that piece of shit remake with Sadler.

Yes... I know I spelled it wrong. His career is sad, hence the droll wordplay on his name.

Comment

• Just watched Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia. In some alternate universe, Vin was played by Warren Oates. What a way to be introduced to Peckinpah.

Comment

• Introduced?!

But yeah, that movie is great.

Comment

• I tried watching The Wild Bunch sometime ago but I was really tired at the time of viewing.

Comment

• Save The Wild Bunch, Cross of Iron and Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid for last. They're his best, in my opinion. Go watch Convoy, The Getaway and The Osterman Weekend and some of his other stuff, then watch the three I mentioned. Probably save TWB til last - its easily his masterpiece.
                  I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Interesting...I never saw 'The Osterman Weekend', but I understood that it wasn't very good.

Also: avoid 'the Killer Elite' by Peckinpah. Thoroughly mediocre.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    Originally posted by Martin
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Interesting...I never saw 'The Osterman Weekend', but I understood that it wasn't very good.
                      Oh, its not. Its a 3-star film all the way. But there's still some glorious slo-mo violence and Rutger Hauer. I only recommend it if you're going on a Penckinpah binge - start out with an entre and move on to the feast.
                      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                        I tried watching The Wild Bunch sometime ago but I was really tired at the time of viewing.

If you couldn't fail any harder.
                        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Try watching it after working out on a Saturday afternoon when you're just exhausted.

It's why I reserve judgment on it, I need to watch it again.

Comment

• Got your back, Ed - I usually like to have all my wits about me if I'm catching a flick for the first time, otherwise I get distracted, which means losing interest, etc.

Still, The Wild Bunch is an awesome film - definitely a classic, and well worth your time.

Comment

• I imagine it is. Now if I had shitted on the movie and then said I never saw it. Then ya, it's deserved. But I haven't said anything other than the fact I haven't seen it and I should. So it doesn't need the kind of reaction that's typically reserved for discovering that a close relative just got raped with a lead pipe.

Comment

• You're the new Ceej, Ed. At least in Anderson's eyes.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X