Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Goods is on the DVR. Like Orphan. I'll watch that one tonite.

And I'll try Pineapple Express for the 3rd time today. It's not a movie for me. I'm not a stoner, but even then, I barely giggled beside the fucking MCBRIDE and James Remar. Fanco's great, but still....
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Pineapple >>>>>>>>> Superbad
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        I see how it felt that way to you (the waiter and water issues I particularly identified with) but none of that stuff was a massive problem for me. Although I never became fully immersed in or loved any aspects of the film - the atmosphere mentioned above came closest - I was quite happy to let it unfold before me. That's more than I can say for Southland. I had to turn that off after about twenty minutes max, before it really started to wind me up.
        Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd actually sit through The Box again. That right there shows how much better than Southland it is automatically. Its just an issue of potential vs potential fulfilled.

I want to like Kelly, I do like Marsden, Langella and, yep, Diaz. But at no point did the film pull all of the things together to allow me to like it or even engage with it. The 'emotional' ending falled so flat, they should have just gone another route. I'm not dismissing the film outright - it does have elements (like Southland) that are strong - I just felt so disappointed and then indifferent after I'd seen it.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Craig's pretty great in PE too.

"I seent you rip a man's jawbone off witcha bare hands! I seent it!"

But obviously it's a movie right up my alley oh god I've wasted my life
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• haha. Nothing is a waste.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• And there's fucking CARY COLE in this. Mind you, I've never taken ANY drugs. Ever. Beside booze.

And Rob: I thought Superbad was average. VERY average.

Comment

• Thank you. I thought it was below average (minus Hader. He's the only good thing in the whole movie)

Comment

• I was being polite. I laughed a bit. Hader and Rogen were fun, but that was it. 40 years old Virgin destroys this thing.

Comment

• Pinneapple Express is WAY better than Superbad. I enjoyed watching Superbad, but it's a one and done.

Plus the weed is just a massive maguffin. It could have been about jewels or microchips.

It was really smart for Franco and Rogan to trade roles.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I'm an hour in. It's boring. Beside Mcbride. Will it get better?

Comment

• According to this man, it will!

Comment

• It better Ed, because if it doesn't I'll staple your testicles to your tights and make you fight Tony Jaa.

Comment

• To quote one former Baltimore Police Detective

"Fuck did I do?"

Besides, I never did a drug in my life, but I found that movie to be hilarious.

Comment

• I hate Dale Denton.

But I love Saul Jewishlastname.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• But you don't like Dawn of the Dead, so pardon my SUSPICIONS.

Ts'allright Ed. I'll finish it anyway. Too many good actors in this.

Comment

Working...
                                X