Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raising Arizona. Hasn't lost any luster in the 10 or 15 years since I watched it completely through. I don't think I ever registered that Smalls and H.I. both have a Woody Woodpecker tattoo until now.

Comment

• 'Amelie'. Hadn't seen it in years and the wife was in the mood for it. Still an incredibly fun, quirky little movie that puts a smile on your face right away and never lets you down. It's hard to believe that the adorable Audrey Tatou would go on to be in the horrible 'Da Vinci Code'.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Raising Arizona. Hasn't lost any luster in the 10 or 15 years since I watched it completely through. I don't think I ever registered that Smalls and H.I. both have a Woody Woodpecker tattoo until now.
        Possibly my all-time favourite film. You're right, hasn't lost an ounce of energy. It's so creative and unique and goddamn funny. I could recite pretty much the whole film for you, but I think I'm gonna have to watch this tonight.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
          'Amelie'. Hadn't seen it in years and the wife was in the mood for it. Still an incredibly fun, quirky little movie that puts a smile on your face right away and never lets you down. It's hard to believe that the adorable Audrey Tatou would go on to be in the horrible 'Da Vinci Code'.
          Love that movie! I have it in my queue to watch again this week.

Comment

• Watched Highlander over the weekend. Yeah, this could use a remake.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I love the idea behind Highlander but I hate the movie. IT's so fucking cheesy and just overall bad. Sorry Sean Connery and Clancy Brown....
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Would love a remake though. And one done right.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• As I said earlier, Aaron Eckhart looks like a dead ringer for Lambert in this. Therefore, we shall have a Mormon Highlander.

I also had rewatched The Crow, had some nostalgia vibes coming on. Plus, I chuckled at the shots of random welding and metal sanding in the rock club.

Comment

• It has that weird creepy 80's sci-fi/fantasy vibe. Gives it a special charm. Lambert...........oooooohh boy. Yeah. Kinda...yeah.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      Watched Highlander over the weekend. Yeah, this could use a remake.
                      Love the film, flaws and all. The transitions to the different time periods are well done and very clever (especially the fish tank-to-lake transition), and everyone looks like they're having a lot of fun. Connery was only the film for ONE WEEK, and it looks like he had a blast during that week...to his credit, he didn't phone it in at all.

This movie is all about Clancy Brown, however. The Kurgan is one of the best bad guys to ever hit the screen, and I pity whatever actor tries to emulate him in the remake.

What needs to be fixed for the remake:
                      - SERIOUSLY improve the 'romantic' subplot between Connor and Brenda. It's waaaaaaaay underwritten/poorly developed. The bar scene where he tries to pick her up is one of the clunkiest scenes that I've ever seen. Really pathetic. It doesn't help that Roxanne Hart is a terrible actress.
                      - Improve the swordplay. This is more of a budgetary fix.
                      - Improve the special effects. Again, a budgetary fix.

An interesting note: Kurt Russell was originally signed to play Connor McCleod. He pulled out at the last minute because Goldie Hawn didn't like the projects. I like Lambert in this, but I really have to admit that Kurt could have been really, really cool in this.
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It's not so much weird/creepy as lame/cheesy.

But had Russell been in this movie? It would have elevated the material A LOT.

Comment

• Yea, Highlander would be great for a remake. It's really a bad movie, but with an incredible concept, a big fan base, and a marketable name.

Comment

• I would think the best thing would be is not get bogged down in the "mythology" and just make a damn good movie.

I also caught the David Tennant/David Morresey Doctor Who crossover. It got me through the night.

Comment

• LOVE the Queen soundtrack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                                It's not so much weird/creepy as lame/cheesy.

WRONG!
                                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X