Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad loves the hell out of that movie.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• The Bad Lieutenant - Port of Call: New Orleans

There was surely no way it could live up to the hype. I mean, I love Herzog to death. I love Nic Cage when he's actually engaged. The reviews were great, the trailer was crazy. But it did. Its so good.

The first half is just a sleazy, strange cop film. The second half is brilliance unleashed. So funny and packed with great scenes and dialogue. There were moments that had the whole cinema falling about laughing, others that had them on the edge of their seats, literally. Often in the same scene. And it feels like its actually about something as well, rather than just being nihilistic or provocative. Its actually saying something about America, in the way that an outsider's perspective seems to carry so much more weight and subtlety.

I can't wait to see it again. Things I didn't expect: Val Fucking Kilmer. Brad Fucking Dourif. Jennifer Fucking Coolidge. Icing on the cake, though I would have liked more of Kilmer. His hair is to this film as Josh Brolin's 'stache is to American Gangster. Xzibit is actually very good in this too. Shea Whigham (asshole Pvt. Wilson from Tigerland) was great and hilarious. Fairuza Balk's ass was also great, though slightly less hilarious.

Believe the hype. Its a blast.
      Last edited by Ben Thomas; 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM.
      I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• It is, and it's funny how it ends.

Comment

• Not sure if any of you remember this one... but it's one of my all-time favorites.

'ffolkes' with Roger Moore as a misogynistic, cat-loving, scotchâ„¢ swilling ex-commando who must deal with Anthony Perkins and Michael Parks taking over a North Sea oil platform.

Andrew V. McLaglen of 'The Wild Geese' fame directed. Put it on your queue. Very entertaining.

Comment

• FUCK. YES!

I used to watch ffolkes all the time on cable back in the day! Moore was rocking a beard and doing needlepoint, and still kicked ass as a commando should. great performance by Perkins as well:

"I ... still ... don't ... like ... your ... face."

Comment

• :: brofists™ up! ::

Comment

• In The Loop.

Forgot how much I enjoyed this film, and Malcolm in particular.

I'd love to see these characters again at some point, but should probably appreciate the vulgarity and ineptitude that I was already allowed.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• FUCKETY BYE
                  "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                  *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• "In The Mouth of Madness"

Yep. Still in my top 5 Carpenter flicks. Still gets to me and Sam Neill sells that shit hard. After finding out that Lesley loves Alan Wake but never saw this, I had to have her watch it. The ending still rocks IMO.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Finished the second season of Party Down, first half was better than the second. But one of the episodes features Steve Guttenberg looking ripped as shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                        Not sure if any of you remember this one... but it's one of my all-time favorites.

'ffolkes' with Roger Moore as a misogynistic, cat-loving, scotchâ„¢ swilling ex-commando who must deal with Anthony Perkins and Michael Parks taking over a North Sea oil platform.

Andrew V. McLaglen of 'The Wild Geese' fame directed. Put it on your queue. Very entertaining.
                        Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                        FUCK. YES!

I used to watch ffolkes all the time on cable back in the day! Moore was rocking a beard and doing needlepoint, and still kicked ass as a commando should. great performance by Perkins as well:

"I ... still ... don't ... like ... your ... face."
                        I remember watching it as 'Assault Force' several times in the 80s. Fun little movie.

MUST YOU SMOKE???

YES!!!

I love how his reward at the end of the film is a bunch of kittens.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          "In The Mouth of Madness"

Yep. Still in my top 5 Carpenter flicks. Still gets to me and Sam Neill sells that shit hard. After finding out that Lesley loves Alan Wake but never saw this, I had to have her watch it. The ending still rocks IMO.
                          Fucking RIGHT. I love that it's also a Chtulu movie.

Huge Carpenter fan here. My top 5:

1-Big Trouble in Little China
                          1-The Thing
                          3-Halloween
                          4-Escape from New York
                          5-In the Mouth of Madness

But really, Thye Live and Prince of Darkness are also great/good.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Escape and They Live are pretty much always fighting for a spot.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I still stand by Starman as one of his greats.

Comment

• Reading through what I have in my libarry for Carpenter, Starman ain't shit.

Roddy Piper punchin' Keef David for five minutes straight dropkicks Karen Allen in her reproductive machinery.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X