Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
    The three year date is built in. The clones are not activated which is why they're not rotting.

Plus you assume there are clones on hand due to fuckups and accidents.
    Yeah, but it's a cellular decay that we see. Awakened or not, you should see that same cellular decay in the stored clones. We see the storage area. Not some kind of frozen sleep. Hmm. All at the same age. With no sign of cellular growth. Damnit. Which is why I go back to the something in the food that activates the cellular decay. Blah, blah, blah, studies have shown that greater than 3 years of "life" on the moon leads to mental breakdown/destruction of company property and thus the built in destruct with the introduction of a compound into the food/water source. Ehh, I'm over-analyzing a fairly tight film.

An even bigger question? What was the point of the film? I'm not going to lead with my thoughts because I'm curious to hear some of yours.....
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• We watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" today. Great classic stuff, can't beat it.
      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• CHIEF!

If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it, though, it suffers the same syndrome as The Shining, where, after you've seen the movie, you can't picture anyone but Jack Nicholson in the main role.
        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris Miller View Post
          CHIEF!
          I know! I went, "TIM!"
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
            We watched "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" today. Great classic stuff, can't beat it.
            Loved that movie- and McMurphy's little crew with Danny Devito and Chief. I cant see Louise Fletcher without thinking evil Nurse Ratched.

Comment

• Olivier's 'Richard III' on Netflix Instant...

Fucking epic.

Comment

• Watched Do the Right Thing on instant. I enjoyed the complex portrait of the people in the neighborhood. I also enjoyed every scene involving the three men in front of the red brick wall.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                  Olivier's 'Richard III' on Netflix Instant...

Fucking epic.
                  I just added that the other day. Need to get some time to watch it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                    An even bigger question? What was the point of the film? I'm not going to lead with my thoughts because I'm curious to hear some of yours.....
                    The point? I suppose you can have a debate as to whether or not a "clone" is a real person. Until you found out who Bell was, you thought it was him. Which is why I loved that "reveal" on the video screen.

What I find interesting is that from the corporate side. It makes sense in an odd way. Why leave such an important element (Helium 3) to one single person who could easly die. That would leave the planet in crisis until they had someone else up there and be retrained.

Comment

• Did you motherfuckers spoil Moon? Because I haven't seen it yet, despite the fact that I really want to.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• It's on Instant!

Comment

• What's that? And I need TIME. To watch movies. I don't.
                          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Godammit Martin, it's on Netflix instant. More importantly movie has been out for over a year, statue of limitations has run out.

Comment

• FFS, Martin... you MAKE the time!

Quit making sex ice cream, relax, and watch the movie!

Comment

• He's in Canada, guys. Netflix hates Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X