Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something dark, and something with Eric Roberts going super-saiyan scumbag on all of southern California.
    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It's also in full frame, which kind of sucks.

But Cliff Robertson plays Hugh Hefner.
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• La Pianiste / The Piano Teacher

Man, Michael Haneke really knows how to pull the strings. I didn't like it as much as either of the Funny Games' (personally prefer the remake out of those two) or the incredible and incredibly frustrating Cache/Hidden. But its still very, very good and offers few answers. There are scenes that are really unpleasant to watch, without a tenth of what made Irreversible (or I'd wager Human Centipede) difficult films. Haneke manages to paint a very unlikeable character in the first act, show them as completely maladjusted and sexually deviant in the second and then somehow sympathetic and, ultimately, triumphant(?) in the third. That ending is wide open for debate though.

Its not quite as quizzical as Cache, nor as deliberately staged and paced, but Haneke knows exactly what is necessary to show in order to get the character and their motivations across. For a film that seems to be graphic and upsetting, I'd challenge how much he actually shows and how much is achieved through the length of the takes and the placement of the camera. A true artist, in that sense.

Recommended, but only if you're familiar with where Haneke likes to go, or maybe if you're a fan of Lars von Trier. If that sounds like your cup of tea, you're gonna see a pretty incredible performance from Isabelle Huppert and an auteur approaching the peak of his powers.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I watched Society, after hockey.

I'm speechless.

Great little Brian Yuzna flick. And Devin Devasquez is/was hot.
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Tonight, I can choose from Romero/Torque/Prozac Nation

I'm gonna go with Torque.

Comment

• Ed - good choice.

*ducks for cover*
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Torque...

What Romero, Ed? Just so we know?

Comment

• Gonna fucking rock Survival of the Dead tonight. I swear to FAHEY, if this sucks as bad as the new NOES and last night's LOST, I will fucking go off.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I'm watching Lost tonight Rob. No spoily plz!

Heard Survival sucked. And I kinda liked DiaryotD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      Torque...

What Romero, Ed? Just so we know?
                      Romero as in the biopic about the Archbishop Romero that got assassinated in 1980. Only reason I'm checking this out is that Raul Juila played the lead. And that man was a charasmastic bastard.

But speaking of disappointment with Lost, ya know what show has yet to disappoint?

Mad Men

Comment

• Originally posted by Guy Meatdrapes View Post
                        Gonna fucking rock Survival of the Dead tonight. I swear to FAHEY, if this sucks as bad as the new NOES and last night's LOST, I will fucking go off.
                        ...oh shit...
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Be ready to hit the deck, Russ. This shit could get real.

Comment

• GODDAMMIT.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• *Activates the air-raid siren*

EVERYONE, GET INTO THE SHELTERS!

Comment

• what is this, TEAL ALERT?
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X