Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE that movie, Lisa. Haven't seen it in years...have to remedy that.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched most of The Firm last night, I've never read Grisham because his shit is very very generic.

And newsflash, this is also generic and long.

Also watched about five minutes of Year of the Dragon, judging by the age of Mickey Rourke's chracter. What in the hell was a 40 year old doing in the middle of Vietnam?

Also, what connection does fighting in Vietnam have to do with being in Chinatown? Other than all asians somehow look alike?
      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Huh. I remember 'Year of the Dragon' being a pretty good movie. It's been YEEEEARS, though.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I had heard Year of the Dragon being a colassal fuck up. This combined with Heaven's Gate destroyed Cimino.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by LisaNY View Post
            "Some Like it Hot" on TCM yesterday. Got to see it almost to the end before George arrived, so I made him sit and wait out the last 20 minutes with me!
            I watched that shit too holla o/

Monroe is so unbelievably hot in that movie.
            "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
            *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• She was wonderful, and you know I'm all about my Marilyn trivia:

Turns out for such a great movie, and for such an iconic role for her, she was just about as unhappy during that movie as she ever was. At that time, she was really trying hard to break out of her "Dumb blonde" roles that she'd been cast in, and trying to steer towards more serious films. Of course, she didn't want to stop working in the meantime, so she accepted. But the role of Sugar Kane was really just a huge insult for her. She apparently said at the time, "It's bad enough I keep getting the 'dumb blonde' roles. Now I'm playing a blonde who's SO dumb, we're supposed to believe she can't even tell that Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are two guys in drag!"

Also, she was pregnant during the film. During the scene where she has to run down the gangplank to meet Tony Curtis for their date, Billy Wilder made her do the running scene over and over again. She miscarried three days later.

Additionally, she and Tony Curtis hated each other. He went on to repeatedly slam her in the press, saying things like "Doing a kissing scene with her is like doing a kissing scene with Hitler!", and other gentlemanly things that every woman loves to hear about themselves. Granted, Marilyn was no picnic to work with, but I do think Curtis went a bit too far with some of the slams against her in the press.

Also - if you're not in tears when Jack Lemmon and Joe E. Brown are tango-ing the night away, there's something wrong with your humor chip!
              Last edited by Lisa; 04-19-2010, 08:42 AM.
              2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Interesting trivia, Lisa. Thanks for sharing that!

It's funny how some of the worst working conditions can produce such incredible results.

Comment

She was wonderful, and you know I'm all about my Marilyn trivia:

Turns out for such a great movie, and for such an iconic role for her, she was just about as unhappy during that movie as she ever was. At that time, she was really trying hard to break out of her "Dumb blonde" roles that she'd been cast in, and trying to steer towards more serious films. Of course, she didn't want to stop working in the meantime, so she accepted. But the role of Sugar Kane was really just a huge insult for her. She apparently said at the time, "It's bad enough I keep getting the 'dumb blonde' roles. Now I'm playing a blonde who's SO dumb, we're supposed to believe she can't even tell that Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis are two guys in drag!"

Also, she was pregnant during the film. During the scene where she has to run down the gangplank to meet Tony Curtis for their date, Billy Wilder made her do the running scene over and over again. She miscarried three days later.

Additionally, she and Tony Curtis hated each other. He went on to repeatedly slam her in the press, saying things like "Doing a kissing scene with her is like doing a kissing scene with Hitler!", and other gentlemanly things that every woman loves to hear about themselves. Granted, Marilyn was no picnic to work with, but I do think Curtis went a bit too far with some of the slams against her in the press.

Also - if you're not in tears when Jack Lemmon and Joe E. Brown are tango-ing the night away, there's something wrong with your humor chip!

Billy Wilder hated her and hated having MGM/UA push her on him. Later in his dialogues with Cameron Crowe, he regrets having done it. But, it took the fucker four decades before he even acknowledged it or apologized.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by DON RICKLES UP IN THIS BITCH View Post
                    Billy Wilder hated her and hated having MGM/UA push her on him. Later in his dialogues with Cameron Crowe, he regrets having done it. But, it took the fucker four decades before he even acknowledged it or apologized.
                    Aaah, you've trumped me on Marilyn trivia! I didn't know he hated Marilyn - like I said, she was really difficult to work with, so it wouldn't shock me.
                    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

This is true. Also, "nobody's perfect" still slays.

And holy shit at all that other stuff. Never heard any of it before!
                      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Curtis has subsequently retracted a lot of what he supposedly said about Monroe. Take that for what you will. I imagine it has more to do with not wanting to besmirch the memory of arguably his finest film/performance than his true feelings about Monroe at the time of filming.

In any case, a perfect comedy and one of the all-time great endings. Fact.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• "A Few Good Men" on Bravo!!! YES!!! I love this movie, it's one of those ones I can just watch endlessly whenever it's on!

Comment

• Love this movie! "Did you order the code red?"

Comment

• Originally posted by I_Cassini View Post
                              Love this movie! "Did you order the code red?"
                              "YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!!!"

Comment

"YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID!!!"
                                "DID YOU ORDER ROMY AND MICHELLE'S HIGH SCHOOL REUNION?!"

Comment

Working...
                                X