Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vault Vanderhuge View Post
    HEY ARI GUESS WHAT WE'RE WATCHING CLOSER WITH PORTMAN AND SHIT
    I love that movie, if only for the thong slide. It's my favoritiest scene in any film ever.

Also, I watched Jacko. The Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz kills the worst group of actors since Troll 2. It was atrocious. But in a packed theater of geeks, and after a 6 pack, the film would transcend epicness. Hocken, let me know when this plays at the New Bev.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Watched 'The Guns Of Navarone' on Netflix Instant...

awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
        Watched 'The Guns Of Navarone' on Netflix Instant...

awesome!
        Very nice. The only thing that film needed was more Stanley Baker.

I watched The Informant! last night. My thoughts?

Bakula! Clancy Brown! Tom Wilson!! Great cast.

Melanie Lynskey gets more adorable with every film I see her in. She's like a cuter Mary-Louise Parker.

Damon was incredible. How did he not get a nom for this? He didn't put one foot wrong.

Overall, I really really liked it. It had the right amount of intrigue and didn't show its hand too soon and some of it was very funny. But most of all it conveyed how quickly Whitacre got in over his head, despite being pretty much the smartest guy in the whole debacle.

I don't understand why critical reception to this was so luke-warm. Its miles better than something like The Men Who Stare at Goats, another film that came out around the same time, had an amazing cast and a bizarre true story, but was just a collection of interesting, individual scenes with no real over-riding purpose.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Picked up Doom, The Thing and Land of the Dead at BB yesterday for 30 bucks combined. The Thing looks fucking amazing in blu. Doom is still pretty ridiculous.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I Love You Man. Not brilliant, but it's pretty damn funny. Paul Rudd is perfectly awkward, and Jason Siegel is a genius.

Comment

• Jason is one of my favorite comedic actors. Dude brings it hard in pretty much everything he does. This love was rekindled this weekend after rewatching Freaks and Geeks. Also, Bobby's predicament in the Relationshit thread reminded me of Sam and Cindy.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• 'Captain Blood' (DVR'd off of TCM) and 'the Adventures of Robin Hood' (blu ray). We had a mini Errol Flynn fest.

I hadn't seen either film in years. CB was a bit less action packed than I remember, but it was still great. TAoRH was glorious on blu ray (the colors are simply stunning), and the film was every bit as fun as I remembered.

Errol Flynn may have been a pretty despicable man in real life, but holy shit was he THE MAN on film.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Saw The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, very good mystery but it is also a very long movie. Get ready for the American remake to screw it all up.

Also, that chick does indeed get naked but her armpits are not shaved. It is a european film after all.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                    Saw The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, very good mystery but it is also a very long movie. Get ready for the American remake to screw it all up.

Also, that chick does indeed get naked but her armpits are not shaved. It is a european film after all.

Fincher's handling the remake. Fincher has earned respect, so I'll give it to him.

I'm still surprised at the box office for Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. For a foreign film dumped on American audiences, it's made sweet cash.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• The movie feels like something Michael Mann could have done prior to going mumblecore.

Even more surprising is that the other two books in the trilogy have been filmed and released.

Comment

• Dragon's real solid, well worth a watch and while I'm normally wary of remakes, the material is right up Fincher's street.

And I love I Love You, Man. That's feelgood stuff right there.
                        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• The question for the remake is who would they get to play Lisbeth? Fincher, being worth his salt would have to get an unknown as I can't think for the life of me of a known young actress who could pull it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by V View Post
                            Watched 'The Guns Of Navarone' on Netflix Instant...

awesome!
                            LOVE everything about this movie. Peck, Quinn, and Niven are firing on all cylinders. The action set-pieces are riveting and suspenseful from beginning to end.

I don't hate the sequel like many others do (it definitely has its faults), but it's certainly not up to the high standards of the original.
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by ben thomas View Post

And I love I Love You, Man. That's feelgood stuff right there.
                              I've been debating to see that, as I DVR'ed it. And I still haven't seen Quantum of Solace....

Rewatched Taken. So fucking effective. I'm sold on Neeson as ANY badass from now on.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                LOVE everything about this movie. Peck, Quinn, and Niven are firing on all cylinders. The action set-pieces are riveting and suspenseful from beginning to end.

I don't hate the sequel like many others do (it definitely has its faults), but it's certainly not up to the high standards of the original.
                                I totally cribbed his "Well, son... your by-standing days are OVER!" speech when I used to rip on my students.

Ahhh... good times, good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X