Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paledecki is most definitely a caveman. Whose lip twitches all the time.

And believe me Ed, I'm glad you're giving stuff like this a shot, I just want to make sure you're getting the most of it. Especially if you're not sold. But if you don't dig the second season, then just give up. Because from the 2nd season on in, you need to watch every episode. The mythology is in them throughout. And trust me, this show goes into directions that you have no clue of.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• This isn't like Angel or some shit.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Glad to see someone else noticed the caveman thing. But didn't B_Metal suggest starting with the second season? I know some people say, "Give this show about ten or tweleve episodes to pick up". Fuck that, I don't have the time for such shit and tv shows shouldn't be given such a pass. Especially when you have really good shit on FX and cable.
        Last edited by Ed Hocken; 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Yeah, I can see that. IT really does go from standalone episodes to full on PLOT during the second season. But it didnt' take 10-12 and I always say give it 3 episodes. After 3 episodes you'll know whether you like it or not.

Comment

• Also, this isn't like X-files. You actually get closure on almost all plot points throughout the seasons. Just another reason this show fucking rocks.

Comment

• At least the show is a good kind of smirky, not Wheedon smirky.

Also, I hope there are Jeffrey Dean Morgan centric episodes. I agree, he does have his pimp thing going on.

Comment

• Rob, you mean the later episodes of X-Files, right?

Watched The Crazies. I was so startled.
                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• After the movie the show got retarded in regards to X-files. I mean, I still love it but the whole thing with the ghosts of Mulder's sister and shit was fucking retarded. And The Crazies was a blast. THE OLYPHANT rocked that shit.

Comment

• When did the X-Files ever have closure? They were making it up as they went along.

Olyphant was pretty good in Damages. I can't recommend that show enough.

Comment

• EXACTLY. Some it was neat (the whole virus thing, the alien bounty hunters, etc) but there was no closure at the end of the show.

Comment

• A classic case of what happens when your show runs for too long.

Comment

• Olyphant comes off very odd in interviews. Not Crispin Glover odd, but unusual.
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Sixteen Candles.

By my reckoning, that was my third viewing and it's definitely the most I've enjoyed it. Traditionally, it's struggled to compete with Hughes' other films because I saw it so long after I'd seen the others and fell in love with them. It's a fun little movie that also reminds me just how much I had a thing for Molly back at school.

Standout line: "What the hell are you bitchin' about? I gotta sleep under some Chinaman named after a duck's dork."

I wish I was watching Wing Commander...
                            "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• He comes off as someone who has no time for stupid questions because he needs to be a constant badass.

Comment

• The man used to do the morning sports report on Indie 103.1. He did it by calling in and reading the morning paper.

This was after David Lynch's weather report.

Comment

Working...
                                X