Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hells yeah. Its got baggage, but its still Mann's best film for me. One of my all-timers.
    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Heat is also my favorite Mann. Even moreso than The Last of the Mohican, which I adore.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• My only gripe with the bluray was the center channel was so damn quiet. So all through out the flick I was turning it up and down depending on what was happening. Otherwise, I concur. It really is my favorite Mann flick.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Although,. here's a question that Lesley brought up that I never thought about: How in the fuck did Natalie Portman get into the hotel room? And how did she know where he was at?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I have to say though...Collateral and Miami Vice are really close behind Heat.

Comment

• Both of these movies are flawed though. Vice more than Collateral, whose ending sucked a bit, but it's Mann. Beside Heat, all his movies are flawed, but Mann manage to make their strengths overpower them. It's quite magical to watch.

And I expected Miami Vice to suck, and it didn't.

Comment

• Mann's very best film is The Insider, although the ending of Heat will always get me. The very best use of music to film in my view.

On an unrelated note, I actually drove by the place where they did that armored car heist. I think there still is a car dealership.
                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Speaking of flawless, I rewatched In Bruges last night.

My favorite of 2008, and still a PERFECT MOVIE.

Comment

• That movie also has a damn good ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
                      That movie also has a damn good ending.
                      Did you see it?

Are you sure it was not 'Ragtime'?

Comment

• Yes, I saw In Bruges and no, zombie Jimmy Cagney was not the midget, I checked.

But Mandy Patinkin could have been there. I'll need to check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hansel View Post
                          Although,. here's a question that Lesley brought up that I never thought about: How in the fuck did Natalie Portman get into the hotel room? And how did she know where he was at?
                          Can anyone answer this?

Comment

• My guess is that she got into that room because she said she was his daughter. As to how she knew about it? Probably got it from somewhere. I didn't think it was all that important.

Kids are crafty.

Comment

• Really? You didn't think that scene was important? To me it seemed like they needed to tie up a loose end and did it in a way that made absolutely no fucking sense.

Comment

• Haven't seen Heat in ages. I'm overdue.

And yeah, In Bruges's ending was haunting. Those last lines...

Comment

Working...
                                X