Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I watched Friday the 13th....part one of 1,005.

I saw this movie so long ago it was like watching it for the first time......

There was defiantly no wasted time in this film for killing...
    "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
    "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

• Man, the first one is so hard to get through. Although always awesome to see Kevin Bacon stabbed through the throat.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• At least the killer was kinda a surprise for you, right honey?
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Wait, she didn't know who the killer was? Or I'm just exhausted and my sarcasm monitor is off.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Damn son, how late were you up?
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• we got home at 3:30, i couldn't sleep until about 5 (cause I was hyped after the flick) and I was up 8:30 and working because I have a shit ton of stuff to get done today.

Comment

• Nope...I was a little disappointed that a 65 year old hag was able to be so strong and mysterious.

"Kill her mommy..." was a little freaky.
                "Uh, whose car is that out front?"
                "Mine. 1970 Pontiac Firebird. The car I've always wanted and now I have it. I rule!"

"Can you feel the love?....Nub Nub...."

Recipient of: The Best Post of the Day Award!: 2

Comment

• You show Betsy Palmer some goddamn respect!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    we got home at 3:30, i couldn't sleep until about 5 (cause I was hyped after the flick) and I was up 8:30 and working because I have a shit ton of stuff to get done today.
                    This is why I didn't try to go to a midnight showing. There were only 2 around here anyway. Surely they sold out.
                    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Yeah, but it was totally worth it.

Comment

• The Dark Knight at 10:30.

My anticipation for the film was astronomical going in, as it took all the nerd energy not to burst out in the middle of the mall that the theater is in with a "WOOOO! FUCKIN' BATMAN TIME, BITCHES!"

Funny enough, I got there just as the Watchmen trailer (which was pretty amazing on a 35mm print) was beginning, and every man-boobed geek was there ahead of me. I had to sit on the front row (at a 10:30 screening...the Early Bird screening...the one where you can actually hear air circulating through some old man's nasal passages).

The strange thing is, I didn't really mind once the Legendary and DC logos cropped up. And from then on, it was a roller coaster ride; except this time the roller coaster had a clown-faced loon riding shotgun.

Ledger was incredible. Every scene he was in, he fucking owned.

Eckhart played his part quite well, tragic yet noble. The practical and visual effects crews that worked on his Two-Face persona should be given HJs and ZJs whenever they require it.

Freeman, Bale, Oldman and Caine returned for the installment with some dramatic heft to the proceedings. While a lot of reviews harp on Bale's "Swear to me" voice while in the suit, I thought it was fine. Fuck them. They're jaded.

Gyllenhall/Gillenhall/Gingerballs did fine as Rachel #2. She was much as Holmes before her: the weakest link of the ensemble, but only due to being underwritten. She was the straight lady of the piece.

Regarding the Hong Kong set piece: it worked within the rules of the film, which they set up prior to Bats' trip to the Far East. It was a nice little detour before everything went balls-to-the-wall.

The ending doesn't set up any "Joker card scene," but it certainly places everyone in a new and exciting set of circumstances.

Also, the running time was not an issue for me. While I went to the 10:30, I left at around 1:10, a satisfied fan of the franchise and the character.

In summation: I loved it, and now have a bromance going on with Chris Nolan.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dude, come on. His voice was fucking ridiculous. It was hard to understand what he was saying at the end of the flick. It just felt way too forced. I don't see why Lucious couldn't have just made some voice modulation thing in the cowl or something. I wouldn't have a problem with it as much if he didn't talk as Batman so much in this one.

Comment

• I was on the front row...I could hear Baleman just fine. You fuckahs is wicked deaf.

Also, the sound design for both films has been dodgy at best with dialogue. The front channel was definitely low.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• All I know is that Bruce better own stock in Halls. For reals.

Comment

• The Dark Knight needs a Kevin Conroy dub.
                                "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Working...
                                X