Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me it's just that the first one is such a kick ass combination of philosophy, marital arts and cyberpunk. then the sequels felt the need to KICK THAT SHIT UP TO 13 MOTHERFUCKERS while making the action scenes feel hollow, the story muddled, and the ending a big pile of meh.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
      Sorry about the spoiler (just figured that since the movie has been on DVD for awhile - hell the book has been out forever) hence that plot point has been spoken of just like:

Spoiler:  
      Vader is Luke's father.

Haha yeah yeah. but I didn't want it ruined for that one person out there. Personally I'm glad that Snape forced Hermione to go ass to ass with Hagrid. Shut her up.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Howard, you're not the only person I've heard that complaint from. I guess because the raid on Hogwarts was mostly removed the ending just felt kinda quick.

As for The Matrix sequels, they suffer from having too much info crammed into them. And the worst part is none of the info offered is really interesting.
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• I also watched Find Me Guilty with Vin Diesel...not a bad mob flick, but not great either, catch it on cable if you can.
          Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• Definitely (on the ending). It's weird because that moment(s) is very pivotal in the series. Maybe that's why the
              Spoiler:  
            Dumbledore death scene felt off too.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I'm hoping they made it kinda light because they are going to go insane with the next 2. Like really dark and fucked up.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Snape forced Hermione to go ass to ass with Hagrid. Shut her up.
                FUCK YEAH. DARK AND GRITTY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
                  I'm hoping they made it kinda light because they are going to go insane with the next 2. Like really dark and fucked up.
                  I hope so. I mean, the series became progressively darker, so should the movies.

I kinda think that since they are splitting the last book into 2 movies, led them to make a lighter HBP.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                  - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Definitely (on the ending). It's weird because that moment(s) is very pivotal in the series. Maybe that's why the
                      Spoiler:  
                    Dumbledore death scene felt off too.
                    No funeral scene + no ominous ending = shit movie.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Sherlock Holmes. I wasn't gripped by any means. Don't imagine wanting to revisit it, something I'm not used to saying about anything Kelly Reilly is involved with.

E.T.A. Apologies. Didn't realize this only applied to non-theatrical releases.
                      Last edited by Bobby Bear; 01-04-2010, 04:06 PM.
                      "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

• Good news, I won't be seeing SH in the theatre.
                        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• It was pretty good, but not great.

Still think Stephen Fry would make a great Mycroft Holmes.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I couldn't sleep, so I stayed up and watched a foreign film in the hopes that reading the subtitles and remaining actively engaged would shut my brain the fuck up.

It did not, though the film was quite good. Oddly, I had heard of it before but had never had any opportunity or inclination to see it until such a shit night for Somnus.

The Lovers of the Arctic Circle. It was chock full of fate/destiny/unrequited love/tragedy motifs, but told the story in a Rashomon style, where each lover's point of view was given separate chapters, retelling a key events in their affair with different viewpoints.

It's been done hundreds of times, but the visuals and the acting helped it from becoming completely derivative.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Ok, this might get me into trouble with Ari.

HP:HBP

Spoiler: SPOILER! 
                              Man, maybe I need to re-read the book but Dumbledore's death didn't hit me very hard in the movie. Plus the whole ending just felt off.
                              Really? I think that event works much better in the movie than in the book. I think raising the wands was much more evocative than the drawn out event that happened in the books.

Comment

• Finally got to see Let the Right One In. Honestly...I've never liked any vampire movie. But I enjoyed this one very much.
                                Now to pick something else on InstantWatch.....sorry Hulu.

Comment

Working...
                                X