Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from seeing 'Sherlock Holmes' with the wife unit. Downey and Law are great, but the movie really lets them down. The plot is stupid, and Mark Strong essentially maintains the same expression and says the same things over and over again. He wasn't a very compelling bad guy at all. Rachel McAdams turns in arguably the WORST supporting performance of the year.

I was really disappointed in this. I want to see more of Downey and Law in a better film, though.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Just got back from seeing 'Sherlock Holmes' with the wife unit. Downey and Law are great, but the movie really lets them down. The plot is stupid, and Mark Strong essentially maintains the same expression and says the same things over and over again. He wasn't a very compelling bad guy at all. Rachel McAdams turns in arguably the WORST supporting performance of the year.

I was really disappointed in this. I want to see more of Downey and Law in a better film, though.

Figured this was the case. I don't fellate Ritchie like most do. The only movie I really dig by him is Snatch. The trailers for this didn't shit for me and it looks like we'll be waiting for blu for this one.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Avatar! I'm not a full-blown Avatard yet, mind you, but I liked it a lot more than I expected to. I'd probably side with Nick's review over Devin's, though I'm still not crazy about all the hype.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. The more I think about it, the more my praise of it sticks to the lines of "It was pretty and I had fun here and there". I still want to see it sans IMAX 3D.
        Last edited by Shit Dickface; 12-25-2009, 08:47 PM. Reason: erk
        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• guys the more I think about it the more I didn't like Avatar
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~

Comment

• WHY R U THINKING ABOUT TEH MOVIEZ?
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I dunno gimme hamburglarz

~

Comment

• I dunno, I still think I dig Avatar. Nothing has made me change my mind about my experience watching it. Although, I believe I'm seeing it again next weekend with my little brother so we'll see if the second time around is as good as the first.

Comment

• The fam went to check out Up in the Air last night.

Clooney's the only smug bastard charming enough to play the part.

Anna Kendrick was really good for a "12 year old in a suit."

Vera Farmiga did a fine jerb as Clooney's foil.

Acting was fine across the board, the plot was just riddled with cliches and the film lost a lot of steam at around the time of the wedding.

Anyone who thinks it has an outside chance at Best Picture either produced the thing or they're retarded/work on the election committee.
                  Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Christmas is the time for watching of the movies!

DOOMSDAY- What the hell? I didn't expect this to be entertaining at all and it was pretty enjoyable. I enjoy watching Mitra kick ass.

DISTRICT 9- I thought this was going to be more political than it was. It was still a really entertaining action movie, though. I'd like to know more about the whole alien situation, even if it's a supplemental book or comic or something from Blomkamp. I jumped when the doctor took Wikus' cast off.

HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE- Best Potter movie yet? Signs point to yes. I really wish they'd put in some of the character stuff with Snape and Harry's parents but I suppose that would have added an extra hour to the movie. Plus it wouldn't have had a payoff until probably the second movie of DEATHLY HALLOWS. Still, I liked it and feel like Chris Hanson will be knocking on my door based on what I thought of Ginny and Hermione.

AVATAR- Really, really liked it, like I said in the other thread.

Comment

• WHATEVER WORKS. Not as bad as people made it out to be, but a little oddly stilted in spots and a little too cutesy. Plus Evan Rachel Wood's accent was godawful at first. Patricia Clarkson was awesome, though, and Larry David was fun though I kinda hated his character for being such a grating sociopath of a person. Overall, pretty fun.

~

Comment

• Wow...just finished 'District 9' on blu-ray with the wife. That was GREAT, and very different from what I was expecting. I think I need to see it again in a week or so.
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yeah love that movie

~

Comment

• That movie holds up even the 2nd-3rd time around. So much win.

Comment

• (500) Days of Summer last night.

Good, not great. Seems like it'll be fairly forgettable in the long run and the statements about it trying to be this generation's Annie Hall are spot-on. Deschanel's cute as a button, JGL's just fine, the cameo/dance sequence were fun, and I liked the emphasis on downtown LA rather than the usual spots, but aside from that it's hard to muster too much praise for this one. And for some reason that goddamn Smiths bit is driving me up the wall.

~

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                                Wow...just finished 'District 9' on blu-ray with the wife. That was GREAT, and very different from what I was expecting. I think I need to see it again in a week or so.
                                Cool. Glad you liked that. Shame about Holmes though. I really expected more, and I question now if I should go see it. Anyway, Avatar in 3 days!!!!

(Unlike you kids, I have to plan my theater time carefully. Goddamn baby.)

Re-watched Star Trek. Still holds up as 2009's Dumb and Fun action flick, more so than GI Joe.

District 9 still holds up as one of my favorite of the year. I want more Blomkamp.

Valkyrie was much better than I expected. Any movie that is that gripping even when you know the ending is worth anyone's time. Maybe Singer ain't dead yet.

Next's up: The Wrestler and Black Book.
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X