Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloverfield after the wife goes to bed. Apparently monster movies are "scary," and my wife doesn't do scary.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Going completely against the thread title, I'm about to sit down to Anti-Christ.

This better be fucking good...
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
        Going completely against the thread title, I'm about to sit down to Anti-Christ.

From what I hear, if you find Todd Soldnz hilarious (Pauline?), you'll love Anti-christ.
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russ View Post
          Going completely against the thread title, I'm about to sit down to Anti-Christ.

I'm still not quite right after watching it this morning. Von Trier's still pretty awesome, though.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Is that good or bad Jake? The not quite right part.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• AUSTRALIA- Holy long. Better than I thought it'd be, though. Some of the effects were really distracting. There's a big, grandiose cattle driving section that supposed to be really dramatic and suspenseful but the terrible green screen and compositing work took me out of it.

Comment

• Well now...finally a movie that earned its fucking money from me.

That little Danish prick made something insane, hateful, and enlightening.

Not something to make light of, though I have read enough smug reviews to choke a fucking donkey, it is a difficult film to watch but not without reward.

I am drunk.
                Last edited by Captain Russ; 10-31-2009, 11:34 PM.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I'm shit faced. But I can still spell. Sleep now.

Comment

• Ghosts of Mars.

This movie is dumb, yet I can't look away.

It's like Screamers and Resident Evil had a flipper baby, but didn't even have the common genre decency to show some Henstridgetits.

Though I must rhetorically ask: who can't enjoy a film that has an Anthrax/Buckethead soundtrack?

*makes Dio horns*
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I've had the chance to see Antichrist and passed. I really, really, really fucking hate Lars von Triers.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• A movie like Anti-christ puts me at the crossroads, as much as I want to be challenged and engaged by film. I don't want to feel like utter shit or have massive disgust over a film. This sadly prevents me from seeing stuff like Funny Games. Admittedly, I just don't need to be beaten over the head with some type of point.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I hate his Dutch Oven ass as much as anyone else, but there's something dark, dumb, and primeval about the film that made me appreciate the effort this time around.

And Ed, a challenge once in a while ain't gonna kill you. The worst it will do is piss you off, but then it will open that wonderful door to discourse. Unless you choose to see Paul Blart or some bullshit.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-01-2009, 10:38 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Funny games pissed me off. I got the point but felt clubbed over the head with it.

Comment

• I still appreciated the effort, even though I hate Haneke for foisting Caché on my uncritical self.

And really, I can't think of the last time I had a conversation with my friends about an actual film, and not some swill shat out by Michael Bay. That is, until they were swindled into seeing Funny Games (of course under false pretenses). They hated it with the fire of a thousand suns, but without ever really articulating an actual point. It was a short debate, one I could not win without grunting and setting things on fire. I still had fun either way.

Conclusion: I need new friends.
                              Last edited by Captain Russ; 11-01-2009, 11:26 PM.
                              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I can see the need for movies that challenge but I felt that Funny games just really beat the proverbial dead horse. Once with the looking at the camera while bitching to the audience about the need for plot progression and again with the rewinding bit when the mother shot the second "visitor". And I really felt the shooting of the kid just felt way over manipulative. Granted there were parts I enjoyed but those things coupled with a few others just made me regret seeing the damn thing. To me that's not challenging that's shoving shit in your face to piss you off which is wildly different.

Comment

Working...
                                X