Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
    How about dramatic and also sad?
    Well, the part when those bug things were put in those guys' ears.... that was pretty dramatic, and scary!
    If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Don't doubt the KhanChest
      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• LOVE that movie. The only weak spot, and it's a minor one, is with Merritt Butrick as Kirk's son. I'm sorry, but Kirk deserved a more kickass son than that.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
          Well, the part when those bug things were put in those guys' ears.... that was pretty dramatic, and scary!
          And the death of Spock and Scottie's nephew didn't touch you at all? For shame.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Saw the following:

I Love You Man, totally agree with Rob, I was expecting shit, got a really cool flick. Segel is aces and Rudd makes you cringe a la Gervais in the Office.

Fool's Gold, complete shit, not even worth the "chick flick" factor, my wife was bored to tears

Rendition; at least the first half of it, kinda slow but an interesting movie so far

...tonight, I plan to finish, Rendition, The Ice Storm (may have to restart this one), and start or watch Grand Torino.
            Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

And the death of Spock and Scottie's nephew didn't touch you at all? For shame.

Why would it though? Unless you "knew" these characters for years it wouldn't do much. The original death scene may have (frosted glass, just outlines) but everyone knows Spock isn't really dead. Also, we have parts 3 and 4 to watch. So no spoilers for those in here please.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Oh, and Fool's Gold would have been watchable if it wasn't for that 12 year old in the bikini the whole time. So pissed she's in Entourage still.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                  Why would it though? Unless you "knew" these characters for years it wouldn't do much. The original death scene may have (frosted glass, just outlines) but everyone knows Spock isn't really dead. Also, we have parts 3 and 4 to watch. So no spoilers for those in here please.
                  Even operating under the impression of Spock isn't really dead, Kirk didn't know that. You couldn't connect with Kirk's grief? At all? One man (Kirk) burying his best friend, a person who sacrificed himself for the greater good and the other (Scottie) burying his nephew. To me, both Kirk and Scottie sold their grief well. I always shed a tear in WOK.
                  We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• If you'd seen the movie before you knew Spock wasn't dead, it would have affected you.

Comment

• It's not a spoiler at this point. But it's still a great death scene.

Which is why the whole spoiler issue annoys the shit out of me. Just because I know the plot elements doesn't mean everything is ruined.
                      "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Even operating under the impression of Spock isn't really dead, Kirk didn't know that. You couldn't connect with Kirk's grief? At all? One man (Kirk) burying his best friend, a person who sacrificed himself for the greater good and the other (Scottie) burying his nephew. To me, both Kirk and Scottie sold their grief well. I always shed a tear in WOK.
                        I think that since I never watched anything before this, the movie doesn't try to really get me to feel for the characters. Most people that watch this movie are already emotionally involved in the characters, whereas I don't care... and they don't really make me want to care.
                        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                          It's not a spoiler at this point. But it's still a great death scene.

Which is why the whole spoiler issue annoys the shit out of me. Just because I know the plot elements doesn't mean everything is ruined.
                          Rob was referring to STIII and STIV. They haven't seen them at this point, so specific plotpoints are a no-no.

Comment

I think that since I never watched anything before this, the movie doesn't try to really get me to feel for the characters. Most people that watch this movie are already emotionally involved in the characters, whereas I don't care... and they don't really make me want to care.
                            I guess I'm just a sap for death scenes. Course I grew up with Kirk and Spock. I'm definitely emotionally attached.

Comment

Rob should've had you watch some TOS first.

Comment

• Tried. She's not a fan. The fact that we watched both ANH and Kahn in the same day makes up for that fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X