Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't fuck with a gypsy. They will DRAG YOU TO HELL.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• In Know1ng, the actress who played his sister (Rose Byrn's best friend, must be how she got the job), does a completely distracting and horrid job at covering up her Australian accent.

Comment

• THAT!

Lesley said the same thing. It was horrible.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• But I dug this movie like I dig a 3rd string PKD story. The idea is sound, the execution is muddled, but I enjoyed the ride regardless.

Comment

• I started watching The Fisher King. As much as like I Fear and Loathing and I respect Gilliam, his craziness is dialed way too fuckin high in this movie. Although, when depicting crazy homeless people. He may be on the target. Plus, I wonder if Charlie from It's Always Sunny was inspired by Robin Williams in this.

I also finished Newcastle, which is an aussie surfing flick. Interesting surfing, story is weak and forgettable unfortunately.
            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I dug The Fisher King when I saw it a few years ago. May have to revisit it soon.

We watched A New Hope and The Wrath of Khan this weekend. Lesley seemed to enjoy them. ANH still stands up for the most part (stupid CG can rot in hell though) but why didn't Lucas remove the fucking matte boxes around the ships? Seriously. Let's add cg robots fighting but leave those fucking matte boxes? What the shit?

On a side note, I enjoyed Khan more than ANH this weekend. I feel dirty.

Comment

• 'Kwowing' aka 'Nic Cage vs the Sun' benefitted from low expectations. Yes, he overacts...yes, it's heavy handed...but you have to admire the follow-through of the plot. I kinda dug it as well.

I can't watch 'the Fisher King' or 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' (indeed, I've never even finished F&LiLV). They both have that Gilliam trademarked TOO MUCH VISUAL STIMULUS thing going for them that just drives me nuts. I love 'Brazil', 'Time Bandits', and '12 Monkeys', though.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched Miracle Mile that you guys talked about a few weeks back. Seemed like a movie that Nic Cage should remake and overact in. The ending was a bit MERR, and all of the recognizable faces made me laugh at how shit the production was.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, Miracle Mile wasn't great, but I dug what they attempted to do with it. Just the idea that you knew the world was going to end in 4 hours is interesting. What the fuck would you do? I'd probably play videogames. hahah

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      Yeah, Miracle Mile wasn't great, but I dug what they attempted to do with it. Just the idea that you knew the world was going to end in 4 hours is interesting. What the fuck would you do? I'd probably play videogames. hahah
                      Two chicks at once.

again
                      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                      Originally posted by gravedigger
                      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Yeah, Miracle Mile wasn't great, but I dug what they attempted to do with it. Just the idea that you knew the world was going to end in 4 hours is interesting. What the fuck would you do? I'd probably play videogames. hahah
                        Yeah, that's pretty much why I sat through it, to see where they took the premise. Of course I'm not sure which is worse, drowning to death/dying of starvation(couldn't tell if the copter was sinking more or not) or Nuclear Radiation death. Both seem like shitty ways to go.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The best thing about Miracle Mile is the fact that in the beginning, you really don't know what's going on. Like I said in the movie situations in real life thread at the other site. If you got a call like that, you'd hang up and find your girlfriend and then apologize for the power going out.

Although I never got the "Gravity's Rainbow" reference.

And the copter was sinking into the La Brea Tar Pits, right as the bomb hits.
                          Last edited by Ed Hocken; 09-08-2009, 09:46 AM.
                          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

We watched A New Hope and The Wrath of Khan this weekend. Lesley seemed to enjoy them. ANH still stands up for the most part (stupid CG can rot in hell though) but why didn't Lucas remove the fucking matte boxes around the ships? Seriously. Let's add cg robots fighting but leave those fucking matte boxes? What the shit?

On a side note, I enjoyed Khan more than ANH this weekend. I feel dirty.
                            Rob is bringing me through all of the Star Wars movies. I've seen the first one (episode 4) before... it was ok and I didn't realize that there were some things added that were not originally in the movie. Very interesting. I'm looking forward to the remainder of the movies since I haven't seen them before. The Wrath of Khan was interesting and, don't kill me, funny. I swear Khan had fake man boobs on - no way his neck was that wrinkly and his chest was as smooth as a baby's bottom. And his fake nipples were about to pop out any minute.
                            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

• "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
                                The Wrath of Khan was interesting and, don't kill me, funny.
                                How about dramatic and also sad?
                                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                                - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
                                X