Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I just did, but it's called "Best Bad Names".
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I don't seek out movies to cry, but thanks to Pauline bringing up Rent, watched it tonight (or most of it at least)......still gets me. Taking HIV out of the picture (insert cancer or any other disease) and it still resonates.
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• What about Restless Leg Syndrome? I doubt it would still resonate with a bad case of RLS.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
          What about Restless Leg Syndrome? I doubt it would still resonate with a bad case of RLS.
          How about disease you can die of? I guess this film/musical/songs only really resonate when you have been confronted with your own mortality.
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• just fucking around man. Musicals and/or RENT really don't do anything for me. I just like to think of all the people out there suffering with RLS and noone has a movie for them. WHAT ABOUT THEM?!?!
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I tried watching Hot Rod. Not funny. Throwing random 80s montages does not equal funny. Samberg can't act and you can always tell when they're either running shit into the ground or trying way too hard. If I had to describe hipster humor, this could be it.

Only decent spot was Danny McBride.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                I tried watching Hot Rod. Not funny. Throwing random 80s montages does not equal funny. Samberg can't act and you can always tell when they're either running shit into the ground or trying way too hard. If I had to describe hipster humor, this could be it.

Only decent spot was Danny McBride.
                Word.

On topic: saw 28 Days Later last night/this morning. Then proceeded to have a dream where someone projectiled blood on me and I went all RAGEMAN. It was not good. Or maybe it was. I dunno.

At least I'm dreaming shit again.

Also: Brendan Gleeson is the goods in that movie. A close second being Naomie Harris. And a distant third the poor bastard who delivered that awesome speech about seeing his dad turn/who gets his shit chopped the shit up by aforementioned 2nd place winner.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

just fucking around man. Musicals and/or RENT really don't do anything for me. I just like to think of all the people out there suffering with RLS and noone has a movie for them. WHAT ABOUT THEM?!?!
                  FAIL. Footloose.

Comment

Musicals and/or RENT really don't do anything for me.
                    Thinking about this statement a little bit. I don't get it. Do you hate music? (asked honestly)

Music seeks to capture a mood/feeling/place. Allows you to emphasize/see/feel what the composer through the actors/actresses sees/feels. Do you have songs that you listen to that capture a feeling of youth, condure a memory of sadness/hope/triumph? I wonder if you haven't been exposed to the right musical (that speaks to you).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hbarr View Post
                      Thinking about this statement a little bit. I don't get it. Do you hate music? (asked honestly)

Music seeks to capture a mood/feeling/place. Allows you to emphasize/see/feel what the composer through the actors/actresses sees/feels. Do you have songs that you listen to that capture a feeling of youth, condure a memory of sadness/hope/triumph? I wonder if you haven't been exposed to the right musical (that speaks to you).

I love music but hate musicals. Mostly because I'm not jamming to the soundtrack of Oklahoma, Chicago, Sweeny Todd, etc. Shit bores me to tears. I can't relate and find it silly. I did dig Chicago, but I'm not in a rush to watch it again. Just not my thing. Ari is a huge fan of musicals, I'm sure once he gets over his comicon sickness he'll post about it. Now....I'm watching....

MOTHERFUCKING SPACE CAMP. I haven't seen this movie since I was a kid.

Still wish I could have had the chance to go when I was a kid. My life would have turned out differently haha.

Lea Thompson is a cutie, Kate Capshaw isn't annoying, I wanted to be Hairlip Phoenix when I was a kid, and LaMar from Revenge of the Nerds in this. Redonkulous.

Skerritt is the man, and JINX the robot still rocks.

Comment

• What about Cannibal the Musical?

Comment

• HORRIBLE. Only good thing about that movie is the commentary.

Comment

just fucking around man. Musicals and/or RENT really don't do anything for me. I just like to think of all the people out there suffering with RLS and noone has a movie for them. WHAT ABOUT THEM?!?!
                            I know that's a big punchline and all but you really don't want to have it.
                            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Does old man Nate have RLS?

Comment

• I'm not big on musicals either. They'll be talking normally and then spring into song...at that point, I'm like 'oh yeah, I'm watching a movie'. I can't get absorbed into the experience as much.

I usually hate the music in musicals too. Sorry, but I'm a metalhead for the most part.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X