Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
    Stalag 17. It was the shit and made me get all verklempt. The tone is perfect; it's funny at times and then the ending is pretty bleak and uncompromising. I was a William Holden fan because of Network, but this and Sunset Blvd. have made me a fan of his even more. And Billy Wilder -- truly one of the greats. Most obvious statement ever.
    The Wild Bunch made me a fan, but Stalag 17 solidified it.
    "Look, fuck you. Fuck the plane you flew in on. Fuck them shoes. Fuck them socks with the belt on it. Fuck your gay ass fairy faggot accent. Fuck them cheap ass cigars. Fuck your yuckmouth teeth. Fuck your hairpiece. Fuck your chocolate. Fuck Guy Ritchie. Fuck Prince William. Fuck the Queen. This is America. My president is black and my Lambo is blue, nigga. Now get the fuck out my hotel room, and if I see you on the street, nigga, I'm slapping the shit out of you."-- Riley Freeman

Comment

• I like how Wilder makes you feel the terror of the spy when they catch him, and he doesn't back out of showing you what would probably happen in that scenario. It's pretty grueling.

Comment

• 1st disc of East Bound and Down. McBride is so over the top and ridiculous you can't help but laugh your ass off.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BudLeonard View Post
          Stalag 17. It was the shit and made me get all verklempt. The tone is perfect; it's funny at times and then the ending is pretty bleak and uncompromising. I was a William Holden fan because of Network, but this and Sunset Blvd. have made me a fan of his even more. And Billy Wilder -- truly one of the greats. Most obvious statement ever.
          Have you seen The Long Goodbye?

Comment

• Love The Long Goodbye.

Comment

• Started on down the Bourne Trilogy path on Blu. Finished Identity.

Gorgeous cinematography made even more so. Fucking hell it hurts my eyes seeing shit in standard definition.

Started Supremacy (too goddamn tired now to finish at this hour). Greengrass' handheld work is beautiful, if a bit grainy at points (the early goings on in Goa are the prime suspects in this case, but that's what you get with natty light.../horrible joke). But he still has it over on most of his peers when it comes to marrying drama with action and giving them both weight (Fuck I wish he'd made Watchmen).

*Puts on HD monocle*
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• 'The Ugly Truth'. The wife wanted to see this on Saturday so I obliged her. She owes me.

It's not a good movie at all. There isn't a single real, believable character or situation in the entire movie; it exists in some sort of fantasy realm where everyone is a caricature. Once you realize this (and you realize this from the first 5 minutes of the film), you have no investment in the characters at all. Even for a RomCom, this is piss poor. I will admit that it does have 2 really good, hard laughs in it, but the rest of the movie is so mind-crushingly stupid that it's amazing.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Gone in 60 Seconds-The Nic Cage edition

We were flipping around last night and came across it on TNT so I decided to just throw in my dvd instead. I don't care what the general consensus is, but I still dig this flick. Except for Eccelston. Dude is just so out of place. I love the original, but this one is pretty fucking entertaining and I love Robert Duvall so I'm sure that helps.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The original 'Gone in 60 Seconds' is NOT a good movie, but it is a great car chase.

Also: Maindrian Pace is one of the best AND worst character names ever put on film.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judas Booth View Post
                      The original 'Gone in 60 Seconds' is NOT a good movie, but it is a great car chase.

Also: Maindrian Pace is one of the best AND worst character names ever put on film.

Exactly.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Maindrian Pace? Not even Tarentino would think of a name like that. Of course, it's no Cole Trickle.
                        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• I was so disappointed to watch the Nic Cage version and find out that his name wasn't Maindrian Pace. What a missed opportunity.

Comment

• Cameron Poe is still one of the best bad character names out there.

Comment

• Sounds like we could use a thread on this very discussion.
                              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

• Originally posted by EdHocken View Post
                                Sounds like we could use a thread on this very discussion.
                                Make it so: Best Character Names.

Comment

Working...
                                X