Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, knowingly fucking someone possessing a body, is that rape?
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Ah yes. The sex assault.

And nah, I’ll defend CM any day. Its so much better than this shit.
      You do you man. Not saying it's worse than WW84, but that's not saying much.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• What I truly hated about WW was how bad the action is. Thank GOD Jenkins is out of Star Wars. She’s terrible.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• So I share my digital catalog with my bro (he just turned 23) and at some point in the last few weeks it came to light that him and his buddy who I game with all the time, haven't seen like 99% of the movies I would assume they would have IF only because his buddy is a "self-proclaimed" movie/horror nerd. They asked me if I'd send them a top 20 movie list (that I own digitally, so yeah, some of those I only own on disc) but instead I just went through the 800+ movies I digitally own and sent my bro a list of like 160 or so that I felt he should definitely see. Some I figured he would have (Aliens, Terminator, etc..) but turns out NOPE never seen them. So he sent the list back to me with the ones he has seen (it was like 14 outta that list) so I took my list and created a giant excel sheet with mini reviews and shit and sent it over to them. Apparently they were not prepared. Also told my brother that there is NO SECOND SCREENING while watching these. I also told them I'd be sending just a list of my top 20 flicks, top 20 horror, etc...that they can go hunt for if they want.

I'm super curious to see if and how many they check out and what they think. As a wise man once said: "You kids with your loud music, and your Dan Fogleberg, your Zima, hula hoops and pac-man video games, don't you see? People today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds!"
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• The worst part about being on Uverse Fiber is the shitty proprietary gateway I have to use. If not for that I could share my PLEX, and get into friend's PLEX servers.

Comment

• can't you vpn?

Comment

• Doesn't help the situation. It will change my IP Address, but it hits the weird gateway security and doesn't let me open the firewall/port needed to share the PLEX. I found some workarounds and all of them start with something along the lines of "if you're not a network admin, this is going to be a NOT good time to do" so I gave up. If we ever move I am definitely not going back to Uverse.

Comment

• Also, I'm officially at the age where 90% of the movies I love are considered classics to my brothers age group. Much like the shit from the 60/70s were for me growing up. : (

I have to remind myself when I get like "OMG YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS?!" that there is a 90% chance he wasn't even born when it came out. I mean, he was born when Fight Club came out and never saw that. But he has seen all of the Kung Fu Pandas and loves Lord of the Rings lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                    Doesn't help the situation. It will change my IP Address, but it hits the weird gateway security and doesn't let me open the firewall/port needed to share the PLEX. I found some workarounds and all of them start with something along the lines of "if you're not a network admin, this is going to be a NOT good time to do" so I gave up. If we ever move I am definitely not going back to Uverse.
                    : /

oh yeah, derp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      I'm super curious to see if and how many they check out and what they think. As a wise man once said: "You kids with your loud music, and your Dan Fogleberg, your Zima, hula hoops and pac-man video games, don't you see? People today have attention spans that can only be measured in nanoseconds!"
                      Quite literally, the only line from that movie that I remember.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        Also, I'm officially at the age where 90% of the movies I love are considered classics to my brothers age group. Much like the shit from the 60/70s were for me growing up. : (

I have to remind myself when I get like "OMG YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS?!" that there is a 90% chance he wasn't even born when it came out. I mean, he was born when Fight Club came out and never saw that. But he has seen all of the Kung Fu Pandas and loves Lord of the Rings lol.
                        Nathan gets on me about not seeing X, Y, or Z and I have to remind him that he’s 5 years older than me and a guy. Of course I wouldn’t have seen Platoon(or whatever). And by the time I was old enough, I was self-aware enough to know that it’s not my jam. Now, I acknowledge that, as a cinephile, I should go back and watch certain things, but it’s hard to make it happen with two minions and no personal time.
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Picturing Nate getting all huffy about Platoon is hilarious. "BUT BUT BUT NAM!" The only thing I think of when I think of Platoon is the shtity NES game I had for some reason.

Comment

• Here's my problem with all of that.

In the modern era, you live in a time with more access to anything and everything than at any point in history. I can vividly remember when getting to see anything Independent, foreign, etc was like pulling fucking teeth.

Hell, I remember the big ass deal it was to get an unfucked with copy of Battle Royale.

As adults, there are more time management issues and related concerns which impact viewing.

But, we have teenagers, kids, people in their 20s who can watch virtually anything at all but choose to let it pass them by. Platoon is something that I have mixed feelings about, because it got as much support as it did in the 80s because they pushed it as a Vietnam Vet makes a real Vietnam movie. When 36 years later and held up against the wide body of Vietnam War movies, it falls flat on its face.

The best parts of the movie are Berenger and Dafoe. And I'd go so far as to call it Berenger's best movie of his career.

But to borrow a phrase from the kids, it's a very MID movie. Hell, it wasn't the best Oliver Stone movie that year. That would be Salvador.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'm with you. I still remember scoring my copy of BR and being sooooo goddamn happy to finally have a chance to watch it. Same with shit like Spaced and what not when I had to find a good torrent with quality to watch that for the first time wayyy before it was ever even talked about being released in the states.

The good news is that one of his friends that I sent the list to started it last night with Alien. Gave it 4/5 stars. "Jonesy is the mvp. Way creepier than I thought it was going to be. Had an issue with all of the strobe lights in scenes" lol. Forgot had issues with shit like that. I fail at accessibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                                Here's my problem with all of that.

In the modern era, you live in a time with more access to anything and everything than at any point in history. I can vividly remember when getting to see anything Independent, foreign, etc was like pulling fucking teeth.

Hell, I remember the big ass deal it was to get an unfucked with copy of Battle Royale.

As adults, there are more time management issues and related concerns which impact viewing.

But, we have teenagers, kids, people in their 20s who can watch virtually anything at all but choose to let it pass them by. Platoon is something that I have mixed feelings about, because it got as much support as it did in the 80s because they pushed it as a Vietnam Vet makes a real Vietnam movie. When 36 years later and held up against the wide body of Vietnam War movies, it falls flat on its face.

The best parts of the movie are Berenger and Dafoe. And I'd go so far as to call it Berenger's best movie of his career.

But to borrow a phrase from the kids, it's a very MID movie. Hell, it wasn't the best Oliver Stone movie that year. That would be Salvador.
                                Yeah, but Sniper fucking rules. Way more entertaining than Platoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X