Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The torch has been passed.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Hell House LLC

It's fine. I've seen people HYPING this movie for years. And I was like it's fine. It has some pretty standard scares but they're effective. I think this premise with more of a budget would be really fucking good.

X

It's another Ti West movie. I continue to enjoy the idea of Ti West more than the execution of Ti West. The man simply does not care about the ebb and flow of a horror movie. It's one looooooong drawn out build to all the action and scares lumped into a nonstop rush in the last act. The man needs to know to build up some dread, let there be terror and kills in the second act and build up to a third act/final girl finale. He just doesn't want to, and it's fine, but I am not excited for Pearl. Sarah is super fucking excited for it, even though X didn't land for her either.

Oh and New Zealand did a good job standing in for central Texas. The shot of Houston was extremely Houston, which I appreciated, even if it was actually La Porte or Pasadena and you can't see downtown from the refineries.

Comment

• Thor Love and Tinder

I liked it. It’s more funny because it’s a story by Korg, aomwe see it from his POV.

Crowe was hilarious. Portman great. Bale acted circles around them.

But the real MVP?

The screaming goats.
        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• https://www.polygon.com/2022/9/22/23...-horror-movies

Criterion got you covered for Halloween. Hopefully these all hit HBO as well.

Comment

• I've been trying to track down Meet The Feebles for like...20 years it seems. All the disc copies are usually insane prices so I stopped looking. I check torrents once in a while and never find it...then today? I find out it's on fucking TUBI. So yeah, everyone go see Meet The Feebles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=094jCv3iFfI

Shit and it looks like they did another print of the disc recently! Only $18 compared to $80+ it used to go for.
            Last edited by BillyG; 09-28-2022, 07:10 AM.

Comment

• watched KISS KISS, BANG BANG again last night with Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. God is this a funny movie. In a just world, we'd have had several sequels with Harry and Gay Perry.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• If it came post Iron Man we'd have competing mystery franchises with Kiss Kiss and Knives Out. I am still sad about Kilmer's health.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                  I've been trying to track down Meet The Feebles for like...20 years it seems. All the disc copies are usually insane prices so I stopped looking. I check torrents once in a while and never find it...then today? I find out it's on fucking TUBI. So yeah, everyone go see Meet The Feebles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=094jCv3iFfI

Shit and it looks like they did another print of the disc recently! Only $18 compared to $80+ it used to go for.
                  That movie is so fucking great and stupid. I remember renting that as a teenager and making my friends watch it because I loved Peter Jackson's other flicks. They were not happy. That fucking frog having Nam flashbacks is hilarious.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    watched KISS KISS, BANG BANG again last night with Robert Downey Jr. and Val Kilmer. God is this a funny movie. In a just world, we'd have had several sequels with Harry and Gay Perry.
                    Love that movie. Val is fucking on point.

Comment

• Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is still masterpiece material.

now:

Wonder Woman 1984

It sucked.

Pascal, amazing as always, but they AGAIN made the same hearbroken damsel like the first.

Fuck, that’s why Captain Marvel > Wonder Woman. No useless loveshit.

Comment

• Both CM and WW84 suck but just for different reasons.

Comment

• It still blows my mind that people wrote WW84, filmed it, edited it, and not ONCE did someone say...hey maybe we shouldn't have a sexual assault played for laughs.

Comment

• One of many issues with the film. It's hot garbage.

Comment

• the sexual assault is definitely troublesome.
                              From a plotting standpoint, the entire film hinges on EVERY SINGLE PERSON rejecting their wish at the end. Forgetting the fact that that's an impossible ask, what about those people that died as a result of their wishes? How can they rescind their wishes? They can't. it's just a bafflingly stupid plot point.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Ah yes. The sex assault.

And nah, I’ll defend CM any day. Its so much better than this shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X