Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched two good ones last night:

THE CONTRACTOR (2022) with Chris Pine and Ben Foster.
    Very solid, very realistic feeling actioner. Pine is an army ranger who is struggling with an injured knee. To combat the pain, he takes painkillers and, due to a failed drug test, gets booted from the army with no pension or insurance. He and his family are in debt so he follows Foster, an ex-army comrade, into a contracting job. They get assigned a job by Kiefer Sutherland. The job takes them and others on the team overseas where things...happen.

Very well acted from everyone with convincing fight/combat sequences. The plot itself is fairly standard but it's so well executed that it transcends its plotting. The wife and I thought this was great.

THE DRY (2021) with Eric Bana
    Another very solid murder mystery film taking place in Australia. Bana plays an Aussie federal agent who gets called to his old hometown for a funeral: his old friend is involved in a murder/suicide. Returning to the town brings up old animosities as Bana and this dead friend were 'persons of interest' in the death of a female friend decades earlier. Bana gets asked by his old friend's parents to look into the situation as they don't believe it was a murder/suicide.

Another very well acted film. The setting is quite interesting too: the city is in the middle of a huge draught (over 300 days without rain), giving everything an extremely weathered look. Flashbacks to earlier years show lush riverbeds and such. Really cool contrast.

This was apparently a massive hit in Australia and a sequel is in pre-production which will cover the next book in the series. Recommended.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Pine, Foster, and Bana are the perfect "dudes rock" trio.

Comment

• Pine and Foster were great in HELL OR HIGH WATER. Foster has a smaller role in THE CONTRACTOR (it's really a Pine vehicle) but he's a lot of fun. Pine impresses.

As to Bana, it's fun to see him in a leading man role again. Also nice to see him get a hit under his belt and a possible franchise.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• American Movie finally comes to Blu-ray on October 18th.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• About fucking time. I cherish my DVD and my VHS copy of Coven.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Doc Strange 2

I love Cumberbatch, but I’m getting tired of it all. It was ok. Wanda is a cunt. The multiverse part was cool, as was the Illuminati (Prof X was wicked nice), but overall there’s barely any horror.

BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I've just got Marvel fatigue at this point. I think I might just go ahead and check out, especially since SHE-HULK is doing nothing for me.

Comment

• Its actually ok. Beside this and Shang Chi, the new stuff is meh.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Nope

Really liked it, but it wasn't what I had expected. I don't think that's a bad thing, and it doesn't shit the bed in the third act like Us does. The Gordy scene is incredible. Tense as hell and some wild imagery. Loved the twist of what the spaceship is doing. Keith David and Michael Wincott the two best voices in Hollywood ever. Akira slide! Evangelion monster design! All the performances were solid to great. Daniel Kaluuya being like "I gotta be up early. Mouths to feed" and his repeated "Nope" attitude really made him a top tier relatable horror movie protagonist.

Comment

• Rewatched THE THREE MUSKETEERS (1973) and THE FOUR MUSKETEERS (1974) last night. Great fun. Still the definitive editions of the story in my opinion.

Comment

• I just got back from seeing the rerelease of JAWS in 3D. It's fantastic. It's a flawless print with flawless sound and AVATAR quality 3D. It was a genuine treat.

Comment

• Buddy of mine invited me to that but it was only playing at a random theater an hour away, and I didn't feel like sitting in Houston traffic in the rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                            Buddy of mine invited me to that but it was only playing at a random theater an hour away, and I didn't feel like sitting in Houston traffic in the rain.
                            Bummer. for some reason it's playing all over the place here in the Twin Cities. My theater had it in IMAX (non 3D) and in REAL3D in another theater. It's an AMC, though.

It's worth it. This is a 10/10 conversion job to 3D. Add in the fact that the print itself is absolutely flawless and yeah...big old smile on my face.

Comment

• Yeah it was in IMAX or 3D here. I think it was only in the one theater bc most of our theaters are fake IMAX except at the museum or this one theater WAY out on 99 in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

• I'm still cracking up over National Cinema Day on the 3rd and how badly AMC and other chains fucked it up.

There are multiple TikTok videos about AMCs shutting it down and ejecting people from the theaters. Calling in the cops on theater hoppers on a holiday event created to get more people into theaters is such a bad look.

Naturally, AMC seems to be the one taking it on the chin over it.
                                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Working...
                                X