Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    THE TERMINATOR is still Cameron's best film. I like T2 well enough but the first film is a lean, mean, nasty little movie that has zero fat on it. Get in, tell the story, get out. Just fucking AWESOME.
    Agree 100%. People love Aliens, and it has never really worked for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
      I’ll raise you Aliens, my friend. That’s his masterpiece for me. And The Abyss still has a special place in my heart.
      Mmmmm, same on The Abyss. I didn’t see it until
      I was an adult, but I love that movie.
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• To be clear, I don't think that Cameron has made a bad film. I like all of them to varying degrees. There's just a lean, no fat approach to THE TERMINATOR that really appeals to me on a visceral level. Every scene in the film is essential and there's plenty of solid character work from everyone to build sympathy for everyone.

And honestly, I still think the whole Tech Noir sequence is one of the best directed and edited sequences that I've ever seen. The sound design, in particular, is incredible.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

To be clear, I don't think that Cameron has made a bad film. I like all of them to varying degrees. There's just a lean, no fat approach to THE TERMINATOR that really appeals to me on a visceral level. Every scene in the film is essential and there's plenty of solid character work from everyone to build sympathy for everyone.

And honestly, I still think the whole Tech Noir sequence is one of the best directed and edited sequences that I've ever seen. The sound design, in particular, is incredible.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

really enjoyed PREY.
            Prey was legit awesome.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Prey was fantastic.

Jamie is still our methed-out movie reviewer I see.
              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Never said I saw it? Just that it wouldn't have done well because of how pooptastic The Predator turned out?

Looking forward to seeing it.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• No one said you did. I commented on Troy's Prey comment feeling like something you'd have said. FWIW I 100% agree that theaters are dead for shit like this and all genre stuff needs to just hit streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

I'm with you man. T2 is okay and all that, but the first one is borderline perfect.

Also, LOLOL Troy. PREY was awesome. Don't be a Jamie.
                    It had cool moments, but people have recency bias like a motherfucker on the Internet.
                    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I'm not going to argue against that, but unless they go the Dark Horse Comic one offs with these stories, this one was pretty goddamn entertaining. Ties back to the original 2, bad ass female lead, shoddy ass CGI animals that shouldn't have been CGI, sweet Predator design, decent action and basically a reboot of the original. Whatever, gimme a goddamn series of the Predator

I won't argue against the Mulan shit with the but at least they tried something a bit different even if it was nothing but a reboot than the original. Nothing will be as great as PREDATORS. Goddammit, I still want more Adrian Brody.

I still hope for a Predator:Cold War movie.

Comment

• The worst part of the whole movie is Amber Midthunder's brother being a goddamn spitting image of Corey Feldman if drugs never came into his life. Anytime he showed up I could not fucking deal lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                          The worst part of the whole movie is Amber Midthunder's brother being a goddamn spitting image of Corey Feldman if drugs never came into his life. Anytime he showed up I could not fucking deal lol.
                          oh shit you're right, lol.
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I mean good for that dude as this was his first role and whatever, but holy shit it was distracting as fuck.

Comment

• Native American Corey Feldman. that's his name from now on.

Comment

• lol
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X