Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morbius. yeah I know guys but people hated Venom and I dug that AND I always thought the character was neat. Went in with no expectations and was still disappointed. People need to stop casting Matt Smith in things. Leto needs to learn to pick better projects. Al Madrigal was the MVP. The effects were pretty neat and some of the shots in this were fucking sweet (that underground subway shot in the end) but this was the most confusing superhero movie I think I've ever seen. From being confused as to what caused/didn't cause Morbius to go full Morb, to what the fuck the deal was with Tyreese's character, to the thing with the lady doctor...it was all over the place. And that's not even talking about the confusing as fuck end credits shit. honestly, I just stared at the screen asking WTFFFFF
      Spoiler: end credit spoilers 
    so the universe splits purply Spidey style and the Michael Keaton's Vulture character from Homecoming shows up in a prison cell out of no where. He stares at himself in a mirror and is all like WTF? Cut to news report saying "Hey it's weird that this Toomes guy showed up in an empty prison cell out of nowhere, let's release him immediately! Cut to Jared Leto helping pay for the movie as speeds along a desert road in a totally sweet car guys....lol...He gets out and a giant dust storm is on the horizon and the fucking Vulture IN FULL MCU COSTUME mode shows up and says that they should team up and take down Spiderman or some shit....ENDMOVIE

Like huh? How the fuck does that make sense? They had some balls to show connections to the MCU/Spidey shit in the trailers and then take all of that out in the movie except for the end credits and the Daily Bugle.

This felt like an okay movie from 1995. As a movie in 2022 it was not great. It was also pretty bloodless BUT felt like they just added shit in post to make it look like it wasn't. A dude gets his throat slashed, he grabs it and slowly dies and there is no blood at all. Such a weird choice.

Tl;DR - Rob thought Morbius was gonna be okay and it wasn't
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Chip and Dale was fucking hilarious. Not quite Roger Rabbit levels of brilliance but really fucking close. Some of those background gags were fantastic and the cameos were fun.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I was going to watch that tonight, then Sarah invited like 6 people over.

Comment

• The Morbius stuff was being reshot up to the first week of December 2021.

And now with more changes on the SONY side, it will continue to make less and less sense as time marches on.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            The Morbius stuff was being reshot up to the first week of December 2021.

And now with more changes on the SONY side, it will continue to make less and less sense as time marches on.
            It legit made me feel dumb because I couldn't follow what the fuck was going on. Like legit I still don't understand what cause more Morb or less Morb or what the shit was with that end credit shit. That still makes no sense to me.

Comment

• Been on an Evil Dead kick thanks to the new game so I decided to watch Evil Dead 2 for the first time in over 15+ years. I burnt myself out on that flick in my teens/early 20s to the point where I outwardly started to hated it. Mostly due to the rise of the internet nerd movie site and their nonstop boner for it. I was a petulant (and some would say I still am) hipster where I swung to the other end of the spectrum and just stated hating it because I couldn't deal with the nonstop DID YOU KNOW? articles or what ever about the whole series. Like, YEAH, I KNEW, back in the fucking 80s.

Anyways *HipsterModeDeActivated* the 4k version looks and sounds pretty fucking awesome. Forgot how fast it just moves and doesn't linger on anything. Just an hour and a half of Ash getting his ass kicked over and over and over. Fun shit.

Comment

• The Northman

Fucking ownage. Made me want to run through a brick wall. Hell yeah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post

It legit made me feel dumb because I couldn't follow what the fuck was going on. Like legit I still don't understand what cause more Morb or less Morb or what the shit was with that end credit shit. That still makes no sense to me.
                  Matt Smith has now been paid for two movies that got recut to the point that his role didn't matter or got removed: Morbius and The Rise of Skywalker.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Also, Genesys lol. Remember that?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      The Northman

Fucking ownage. Made me want to run through a brick wall. Hell yeah.
                      That shit was so goddamn brutal. I re-installed Ass Creed Valhalla thanks to that.

Comment

• Jackass 4.5

That fucking sushi bit was probably the grossest shit (especially the 2 day later part) I've ever seen them do. Honestly. The shit and piss stuff is nothing. Yeah that's gross but whatever. The fact that some pieces weren't found for 2 days grossed me the fuck out.

Also, that blindfold race was hilarious.

Comment

• Finally had some time to watch some recent flicks...

The Batman - it was... OK. Didn't really tread any new ground with the character that I haven't seen before. Entertaining, but all the grimdark on display just sucked any enjoyment out of the film. Felt like it was trying too hard to be edgy - from an atmospheric perspective, it seemed like there was little to no sun in Gotham, the average citizen just had a zero fucks given/no hope 'tude. Shit, Pattinson's Bruce Wayne was basically Batman in a different suit minus the cowl. Dude had one personality trait - mope. At least when Christian Bale played Batman, he nailed Bruce Wayne to a "T" and looked like he was having fun doing it - Wayne was the polar opposite of Batman, even if they're the same guy.

Films like this pretty much cement that, to me, the best movie Batman was Michael Keaton, with Christian Bale a decent second.

Werewolves Within - watched this over the weekend and it surprised me how goofy and fun this was. The two leads, Sam Richardson's Ranger Wheeler and Milanya Vayntrub's Cecily the mail girl made for a cute couple and easily get the MVP award in this. Also, the supporting cast playing the local townies/neighbors were fucking hilarious in parts, probably because I know way too many folks like that IRL. The whole film felt like a nice homage to the old Peter Cushing horror flick, The Beast Must Die, one of my favorite werewolf flicks - just needed a 30 second "werewolf break" to guess the identity of the lycanthrope like in the older film and we'd be golden.

I'd heard about Vayntrub's comedic chops before, and she does not disappoint here. Makes me wish that her Squirrel Girl show got the greenlight, as she would've killed.

Currently have The Northman, Spider-Man No Way Home and the new Dr. Strange flick on deck for this weekend. Can't wait.

Comment

• The Northman is SO good.

Comment

• Loved Werewolves and yeah ill always be bummed we didn't get her as Squirrel Girl. Also, Billiam is correct. The Northman rules.

Comment

• I've heard nothing but good things about Northman and it's easily in the #1 spot for films I'm watching while I'm off this weekend.

What could've been, Rob. What could've been...

o8wr7x72lgm71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=ee78e95a0c50209f13c35ca730affe0d7c4f91b0.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X