Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indeed. Not all fun movies need to be good.

hence my hatred of Moonfall. Its stupid as fuck, AND BORING.

Also, the amount of hidden star power in Boss Level was surprising. Michelle Yeoh? That’s fucking COOL. Grillo is always good.

Special affection for Guai Lin, cause Guai Lin has done this.
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Kimi

Rear Window but Siri. It was fine. The ending was real silly.

Comment

• I dug it but mostly for Zoe Kravitz.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• And it reminded me more of Copycat but without the amazing Harry Conick Jr.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
            I dug it but mostly for Zoe Kravitz.
            When she was crouch running under the rock wall? Some Grade A physical comedy.

Comment

• VHS 94.

Overall it was okay. The wraparound shit in this one is fucking the WORST thing however. Shitty, bad acting, didn't make sense, and just a waste a time over all.

That being said:

1. Stormdrain- neat idea, neat creature design, nothing too crazy or special but I honestly did really fucking like that weird ass creature design. But some shoddy camera work (yeah I know, it's par for the course in this series) annoyed me near the end.

2. The Empty Wake - The best one imo. Simon Barrett wrote and directed this one (writer of The Guest, You're Next, etc) and this was fucking great. Simple fucking premise but he milks it for everything it's worth. The escalation is perfect and this one legit feels like it could be spun off into its own feature film. Loved it. Suitably creepy.

3. The Subject. Jesus Christ. This was like the last act of Resident Evil 8 come to life. Fucked up body horror, ridiculous over the top gore, and some great POV shit in this. Directed by the dude who did the best entry from the series IMO (the cult one from VHS2) this shit was fucking crazy. The cyberpunkian grit was fucking awesome. OH SHIT was said many times during this one.

4. Terror - This one could have been SO MUCH BETTER with less pointless setup and more of getting to the point earlier. The reveal
                Spoiler: spoilers 
              of the dude chained up being a vampire
              and the militia weaponizing the blood was fucking great. But the idea needed someone else to tweak it or shoot it. Not the worst but just disappointing.

But seriously, the wraparound bits were the WORST FUCKING THING in any of these movies. Can't believe noone said anything during shooting or at least editing. IT's terrible.

watched this on Shudder for anyone who cares.

Comment

• I've had that on my Plex for months. I need to finally watch it.

Comment

• Dragged Against Concrete - fucking dug the shit outta this. Made me sad that Gibson was put in actor jail for so long even though he deserved it. Those last 20-25 mins were tense as hell. We both were sitting on the edge off the couch for almost that whole last 3rd act. It's on HBOMax. For those of you who don't like gore, be aware this is done by the same the guy who did Bone Tomahawk, and for those of you that didn't see that flick (you really need to, it's amazing) it doesn't shy away from showing people's heads explode in realistic ways. Good stuff.

Comment

• Raising Arizona was kinda perfect, and left us speechless. Especially wild to think how this and Evil Dead II opened months apart. That incredible chase scene screamed Raimi.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Was this your first time seeing it? Its fucking amazing. It works on all levels and Holly Hunter is so amazing in it.

Comment

• It was.

That ending especially got to me.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• It is a work of art. I grew up on that movie. As a kid I loved the zanyness. As an adult I loved the heart of it.

Comment

• Correction.

Evil Dead II and Raising Arizona opened the same day!?!
                            Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Raising Arizona is one of the movies my mom showed me super young that extremely informed my taste in movies and sense of humor. The other is Big Trouble in Little China. I rented both of them dozens of times growing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                Raising Arizona is one of the movies my mom showed me super young that extremely informed my taste in movies and sense of humor. The other is Big Trouble in Little China. I rented both of them dozens of times growing up.
                                Yep. My old man's love for Carpenter flicks and b-movies did the same thing. I still remember how mad my mom got when he rented Army of Darkness because he kept defending it as a comedy and not a horror movie. And he was totally right lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X