Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope to check that out at some point but I'm mostly meh with GDT. He's great in theory but mostly does nothing for me except for like 2-3 flicks.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
      Late to the party but my God is The Mitchells vs the Machines awesome.
      Correct. Best animated movie of the last few years. Easily.

DEREGULATE TAPIOCA makes me giggle everytime I think of it.

Last edited by Martin; 02-02-2022, 01:57 PM.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• courtesy of Jamie.

this is pretty neat alternate footage from Dawn of the Dead.

"Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
          You guys, Unhinged is fucking amazing. Like I was in no way prepared for how great Russell Crowe was going to be or how insane the movie would get. It's on Amazon Prime if you want to check it out. Seriously, so ridiculous.
          I can second this. Crowe is AMAZE-BALLS in Unhinged. Eleventy-two Rocks out of five.
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Seriously. I've been telling everyone I know about it.

Comment

• One step closer to unearthing the alternate ending.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• To Unhinged or Dawn?

Comment

• Not gonna lie, I want an alternate ending to Unhinged more. The alt ending to Dawn does nothing for me.

Comment

• Tragedy of Macbeth

The cast is a fucking murderer's row. In the opening 5 minutes it has the best collection of actors I've seen in years. Love the super brutalist set design, and setting everything inside the castle. The way the cauldron scene is handled is just incredible. Denzel is bringing a charisma and levity to Macbeth that other actors just don't. If you like Macbeth this is required viewing.

Comment

• Collateral

Absolutely underrated. Probably my favorite Mann film behind Heat? Cruise as the villain is so good. The Fever club scene is a micro version of the Heat street shootout. All the character actors that show up are amazing. Mark Ruffalo as a scummy looking undercover cop is amazing. Javier Bardem shows up! I remember loving Mann taking that first shot at making a digital "look" and it still holds up and looks cool.

Nightmare Alley

Oof. This wasn't a case of marketing making it look like one thing, but it's another like Crimson Peak. This is just a bad movie. Neither Sarah or I were clear on why Blanchett was invested at all. Cooper just wasn't the right actor for the role. The final scene could be called 20 minutes before the ending. And jesus it's so fucking long. There's a lot of good/great performances here but overall just a fucking mess. Reading how it got fucked by covid it makes sense that shooting and editing was a pain, but damn. Extremely disappointed.

Comment

• agreed on COLLATERAL. I'd change the ending to have Cruise succeed in his task but other than that it's a borderline masterpiece. Some of the best acting of Cruise's career.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Got my 4k Resident Evil flick in the mail yesterday. Still so much fun. Still so bummed we'll never get a sequel in this world. Milla's movies can still eat a butt.

Comment

• Absolutely understand the hate Don't Look Up is getting. Also get why Paramount (where this was originally developed) put it in turn around. In their shoes with that pricetag and with how theatrical has been doing as of late, I probably would have passed too. Even with the asterisk of Sole Movie Star in the World DiCaprio starring.

But I fucking loved this.

Best thing McKay has done since entering his new self-righteous phase starting with The Big Short.

What has turned off so many is the acknowledgment that yeah this is how we would react to such news. The decision that our three leads (DiCaprio, Lawrence, Morgan) play this like actual human beings and everyone else are cartoons. That's what made it work for me.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• My problem was that it just wasn't humorous. I got the message and it was right but it wasn't funny in my opinion.

Comment

• Kimi (HBO Max) - it's like that movie Copycat but without the amazing Harry Connick Jr.. Zoe Kravitz continues to be great in pretty much everything she's in, the script is tight and moves quick and doesn't overstay its welcome and the technology stuff is actually believable. Recommended if you want a tight little crimedrama.

Antlers (HBO Max) - suitably creepy horror flick set in Portland with some awesome body horror stuff and a great performance from the main kid and Keri Russell. Meth Damon shows up as well and the creature FX were pretty great. I love movies where the creature is based on folklore. Recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X