Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Sir. That's the one.
    Originally posted by Ari
    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      We started our annual Halloween Movie-a-thon this weekend. 31 movies in 31 days. The rules are the same as we made up last year. Each movie has to somehow tie into the previous movie without using a sequel or remake back to back. We added the new rule of starting with Zombie's Halloween remake and ending with Carpenter's original (or depending on if we still have peacock or not, possibly ending on Halloween Kills).

So far:
      1. RZ Halloween - Honestly have never seen the whole movie all the way through. So much vitriol was thrown at this and honestly it was mostly unwarranted. The cringy shit was in the first 10 minutes which is a shame because I do enjoy William Forsythe but the dialog was so goddamn try-hard. Once Mikey takes out his family I ended up really liking this. He was completely wrong for this franchise (RZ Friday would have been PERFECT for his type of flicks) but goddamn was Mikey a fucking TANK in this. The sped up remake of the first one in the last hour could rub people the wrong way but not me. Honestly, I really wanted to check out H2 after this but it's against the rules. This one was better than any of the fucking sequels (H3 not withstanding) and I'll definitely watch this again next year.
      2. The Fog - Ties into RZ Halloween thanks to John Carpenter being involved in both AND both movies start out with a quote from an author (even though it's a fictional one in Halloween). Still think this is one of the best ghost stories ever. Pirate ghosts need more love. Adrienne is fun as the radio host, Jamie Lee Curtis is hilarious as the way too young semi prostitute who just glombs on to Tom Atkins, and the ghosts are nice and freaky. Love it.
      3. Night of the Creeps - Ties in to the previous thanks to the badass that is Tom Atkins. I fucking love this movie. From the cheesy opening to the ridiculous director's cut ending, everything about this is just fun and silly without being to cheesy. THRILL ME.
      4. Slither - ties into the previous one thanks to alien slugs that take over humans. Haven't seen this in years and it still mostly holds up. I love that Gunn used a ton of prosthetics on Rooker and only some dodgy CGI keeps it from working 100%. Some great kills, world building, a super fun turn from Nathan Fillion makes this a great alien invasion flick.
      5. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Ties in to the previous one thanks to the Rook. Been awhile since I've seen this one and this 30th anniversary transfer was pretty great. Still such a grimy and dirty movie. I always loved the look of it. Shit just feels lived in and real. Towles as Otis is perfect casting. That camera scene in the house is still so haunting. While I was watching this I decided to check out the wiki about it and had no idea that it was based on the real life killers and how the real life killers were somehow even worse than the ones in the movie...Case in point? Otis's sister in the movie was actually his 12 year old niece in real life and Henry spent a lot of time just sexually abusing her and the like. Fun stuff!
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Incredible movie. Sarah had not seen it and we watched it at some point in the last year. Henry Lee Lucas was a boogie man for kids in Texas my age. Everyone knew who he was, he was on the local news all the time for one reason or another, and basically every parent used him as a reason to not be a dipshit and go missing.

Comment

• another fun fact about Henry Lee Lucas: He was sentenced to death BUT was commuted to a life sentence by the greatest mind in political history: Dubya.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Yup. I recommend reading about Henry Lee Lucas if anyone hasn't. Dude was twisted, and claimed HUNDREDS of bodies he had no way to be there, but they were happy to throw them at him. If you want some other good murder reading, check out Dean Corll, the Houston Candyman. Dude was killed in a house literally yards from where I grew up in Pasadena. His story is extremely fucked.

Comment

• yeah Henry claimed to kill someone every day for like 10 year or some shit. Just kept confessing to every murder cops brought him because he'd get perks. ultimately got busted for killing Otis' 12 year old niece and I think like 11 others total?

Shit is fucked.

Comment

• ANNA (2019)
                Luc Besson rips off his own movie, LA FEMME NIKITA, as well as a bunch of other action/spy movies. It's generic and predictable but...it's also not bad. There's some really good action in there (a restaurant fight is particularly good) and it's well acted by everyone including the newcomer lead actress.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Watched Free Guy.

Fun. I love RR. Fucking Channing Tatum killed as usual.
                  BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• THIS IS THE END (Franco, Rogen, Baruchel, Hill, McBride, Robinson, others)

Never saw it before. It was ok...moments of gutbusting hilarity interspersed with self indulgence. I laughed quite a few times but this is definitely a 'one and done' for me.
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It was.

But Channing? Fuck that was good.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• If there was an Oscar for Best Cameo, Tatum would win every year for This is the End.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Tatum showing up, the end with the BB, and the scene between Danny and James fake jerking off and yelling at each other will always be some of my favorite things.

Comment

1. RZ Halloween - Honestly have never seen the whole movie all the way through. So much vitriol was thrown at this and honestly it was mostly unwarranted. The cringy shit was in the first 10 minutes which is a shame because I do enjoy William Forsythe but the dialog was so goddamn try-hard. Once Mikey takes out his family I ended up really liking this. He was completely wrong for this franchise (RZ Friday would have been PERFECT for his type of flicks) but goddamn was Mikey a fucking TANK in this. The sped up remake of the first one in the last hour could rub people the wrong way but not me. Honestly, I really wanted to check out H2 after this but it's against the rules. This one was better than any of the fucking sequels (H3 not withstanding) and I'll definitely watch this again next year.
                            2. The Fog - Ties into RZ Halloween thanks to John Carpenter being involved in both AND both movies start out with a quote from an author (even though it's a fictional one in Halloween). Still think this is one of the best ghost stories ever. Pirate ghosts need more love. Adrienne is fun as the radio host, Jamie Lee Curtis is hilarious as the way too young semi prostitute who just glombs on to Tom Atkins, and the ghosts are nice and freaky. Love it.
                            3. Night of the Creeps - Ties in to the previous thanks to the badass that is Tom Atkins. I fucking love this movie. From the cheesy opening to the ridiculous director's cut ending, everything about this is just fun and silly without being to cheesy. THRILL ME.
                            4. Slither - ties into the previous one thanks to alien slugs that take over humans. Haven't seen this in years and it still mostly holds up. I love that Gunn used a ton of prosthetics on Rooker and only some dodgy CGI keeps it from working 100%. Some great kills, world building, a super fun turn from Nathan Fillion makes this a great alien invasion flick.
                            5. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Ties in to the previous one thanks to the Rook. Been awhile since I've seen this one and this 30th anniversary transfer was pretty great. Still such a grimy and dirty movie. I always loved the look of it. Shit just feels lived in and real. Towles as Otis is perfect casting. That camera scene in the house is still so haunting. While I was watching this I decided to check out the wiki about it and had no idea that it was based on the real life killers and how the real life killers were somehow even worse than the ones in the movie...Case in point? Otis's sister in the movie was actually his 12 year old niece in real life and Henry spent a lot of time just sexually abusing her and the like. Fun stuff!
                            6. Night of the Living Dead (90) - Ties into the previous one thanks to Tom Towles. One of my favorite movies of all time. Savini knocked this one outta the park. Tony Todd is great, Patricia Tallman takes a one note character and gives her some drive and an arc, Tommy and Judy Rose are the worst (and should have been played by 12/14 year olds. It would have made more narrative sense), and Tom is the BEST (LAME BRAINS!). Great zombies, a fun ending, and a great remake over all.

Comment

• Tatum was great for sure. His line delivery of 'I love him' was so good.

Comment

yeah Henry claimed to kill someone every day for like 10 year or some shit. Just kept confessing to every murder cops brought him because he'd get perks. ultimately got busted for killing Otis' 12 year old niece and I think like 11 others total?

Shit is fucked.
                                Check out the confession killer on netflix, it's all about that.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X