Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Great movie, lousy music.

9 1/2 stars
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
      Bohemian Rhapsody

9 1/2 stars
      [emoji173][emoji173]
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari View Post
        Bohemian Rhapsody

9 1/2 stars
        I reeeeeeaalllly want to see this, but I’ll probably be going by myself so I don’t know when I’ll be able to go.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• saw HALLOWEEN 18 over the weekend. It was ok...nothing special. I agree that it was fairly tension free, but I still liked where the story went in general. Evil Loomis was stupid as hell, but he had a pretty good death at least.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Terrible movie was terrible.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Hereditary

Man, this did not play out how I expected from the trailers.. pretty much from the car scene onward. Some twists were more obvious (doormat), but man, this movie gets so fucked up after the book burning. Still processing it, but feel like I'll be thinking about this one for a long time to come
              XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Rewind This!

Nice tribute to VHS and those who continue clinging to the dead rotting corpse of a format. Don't get me wrong. I love physical media and would love to see a return to video stores. But VHS as a whole, save for the cool cover art, isn't something I have a burning desire to revisit.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Originally posted by Trejo View Post
                  Hereditary

Man, this did not play out how I expected from the trailers.. pretty much from the car scene onward. Some twists were more obvious (doormat), but man, this movie gets so fucked up after the book burning. Still processing it, but feel like I'll be thinking about this one for a long time to come

It's so good. The only thing that didn't work for me was how mom got into the treehouse. Just...don't show it.

Comment

• Funny you mention that specific bit, I remember that shot in the trailer and thought it looked freaky, was waiting for it every time they showed those treehouse shots. But seeing in the context of the movie at that point.. yeah.
                    XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• A Halloween of unseen sequels:

Exorcist 3 - Always heard people say this was great, and boy was it. And weird as fuuuuuck. The thing I really was blown away by was the opening 20 minutes or so and the dialog. It's some of my favorite dialog in a movie, easy. It doesn't help that George C Scott is incredible. Also, John Thompson? Patrick Ewing as an angel? Samuel L Jackson as a blind beggar in heaven? What a fucking weird movie.

Halloween 3: Season of the Witch - I knew this was supposed to start a Halloween anthology series, so no Meyers...but I did expect witches. I did not expect a weird robot assassin movie and an Irish novelty magnate that stole Stonehenge for...some reason. I have no fucking idea what was going on in this movie, but it was a lot of fun. The Shamrock tune is stuck in my head forever now.

Comment

• Halloween 3 is great!

Comment

• Exorcist 3 is fucked up. Didnt know about those cameos.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Halloween 3 failing and the real Halloween 4 script being rejected is why Carpenter bailed out for ages.

I don't blame him.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• what was the 'real' HALLOWEEN 4 script? Did it ever get repurposed?
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Bohemian Rhapsody.

Definitely suffers from biopic-syndrome - my most hated of all sub-genres. There are times where you feel like you're watching Walk Hard, minus the irony. Right down to the disapproving father (Seriously, this is still a trope?!) and the switch-boards during Live Aid that isn't a success... until Queen starts playing!?! But the soundtrack is aces, of course. My lovely love wife and I played our Queen compilation on the drive home.

Make no mistake, this is a Bryan Singer film. Right down to his Outsider theme and there are times where you see how he directs the Hell out of this (the press conference scene and all the on-stage performances), and Rami Malek tries his damndest to make it work. Both failed.

As many feared, the real culprit here is the fact the surviving Queen members had final say on everything. It portrays them as long-suffering choir boys who put up with Freddy's wacky antics. Nobody is expecting a big-budgeted dramatization to be 100% factual. But the details they go with come across as their getting a jab in on Mercury more than anything else (Mercury quits the band to start a solo career, fails miserably and comes crawling back begging to get back together - Nope, never happened).

The more I think about it, the more I fucking hated this. But again, at least the music is great(?)
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X