Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not sure where to put this so I'll put it here:

HALLOWEEN 1-5 on UHD from Scream Factory:
    https://www.slashfilm.com/halloween-...k/#more-680963

I'll be getting these.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I'll grab 1 and 3. The others can eat it.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
        Fear Street 1994

This is actually...fucking awesome? I had pretty low expectations because I was JUST old enough to miss all the RL Stine shit. I was already into my Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark and then real horror movies and shit by the time these books were getting pumped out. So I expected a kind of cheap and shitty teen horror that is more PG than even PG13. NOPE. This movie isn't pulling any punches. The monster designs are really good without being totally over the top. The kills are bloody, and one in particular is gnarly as hell. We were cracking up because we just couldn't believe they DID that kill. And the teaser leading to Fear Street 1978 was really cool, and teased a bunch of new monsters. Cannot wait to watch that one next week.

Also, we gotta talk about the music budget and picks. Some of maybe the clothing picks and stuff didn't nail the 90s aesthetic, but they picked PERFECT music all the way through and I would listen to that playlist on a loop. Any movie picking two tracks from Astro Creep 2000 is a thumbs up from me.
        CONCURRED TO THE FUCKING MOON
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Heat.

Pacino is the weakest of the ensemble this time around when he flips the fuck out, but when he is on for key scenes he is great. Everything else fits together extremely well in the casting (excepting the oft derided Brenneman dialect affectation, I still buy into her chemistry with DeNiro even with this distracting choice).

I miss what shooting on film forced a crew to work toward (especially in terms of composition and pacing a scene) and the look of the old lights of LA and how important that was to its identity as a city. The anamorphic lenses capture the whole nighttime tapestry of the place brilliantly.

The locations and the scene construction here are just on a higher level of confidence and rhythm than most from the decade let alone Mann’s filmography (the Insider edges it out at times for intimacy of scene blocking and editing but this one just keeps the foot on the gas the whole time, pulling everything together effortlessly) and rewatching this never feels it’s runtime for me.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• NOBODY.

This was effing great. I went in totally clean as to the plot so I was really surprised as to where it went. Give it a go and do what I did: go in clean.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Yeah, we were talking about that flick a few pages back. Odenkirk is really good and Christopher Lloyd makes me feel old. That bus fight was pretty great.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Watched Tomorrow War. I guess Matt and I won't be doing any movie date nights because we enjoyed it. It's nothing revolutionary but we had fun.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The
                    Spoiler: spoilers 
                  Hand to hand fight at the end was so fucking silly and awesome
                  . I understand why people would hate it but not I. That pulled me right back into the movie lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Watched Tomorrow War. I guess Matt and I won't be doing any movie date nights because we enjoyed it. It's nothing revolutionary but we had fun.
                    We enjoyed it! Sorry if I didn't give that impression. It's just a very, very stupid movie.

Comment

• It's so stupid but that last act that came out of nowhere was so much silly fucking fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post

We enjoyed it! Sorry if I didn't give that impression. It's just a very, very stupid movie.
                        Fair enough, I got the impression you didn't enjoy it. It was stupid but enjoyable stupid.

Comment

• RIDERS OF JUSTICE
                          This is a Danish film starring Mads Mikkelsen. As to plot, it feels very much like Liam Neeson Action Film #37, but the execution of it is really well done. It's also a very, very funny movie in an extremely dark way. It's not as action packed as I'd have liked to be but what's in there is solid. Very solid character work from everyone. Recommended.

Comment

• re: Fear Night 1994

If I was a teenager with no background in horror movies whatsoever this may have been okay. As a 40 year old male who has watched horror flicks since he was a child, this was ehhhhhhhhhh. When you are ripping off other movies it helps to not be so goddamn blatent about it. This shit is SCREAM from top to bottom but with a supernatural twist. Boooo.

1 good kill and 1 okay kill in the whole thing. Otherwise it was just people getting stabbed. Boring.

Soundtrack was good (as in the songs are all already on my spotify list) but were played out like WW84. You can't have a fucking musical sting every minute. IT RUINS THE IMPACT.

If you've never seen any Supernatural episodes or any American Horror Story seasons then I can see how you may think this was inventive. It played out like any given season of both of those shows just condensed to an hour and 47 mins. Actors were terribad especially the kid that wants to be Johnny Pemberton. Silly logic lapses aside, the one thing this did do right is it made me want to see the next one if only because the summer camp motif is a better sell to me than bullshit 90's nostalgia.

OOOOH B DALTONS... OOOOOH CHUNKY SHOES....OOOOOH AOL

Also, they bitched out with not having ANY of those Shadyside kids smoking cigs. EVERY KID I KNEW was smoking in the 90s, more so if you're a lesbian going through some shit.

Comment

• This is relevant to Matt's interests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Zavvi has this for $125, which is slightly more than $10 a film. So damn tempting...
                                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                                X