Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• personally, I loved DUNKIRK. I saw it twice theatrically, the second time at a true IMAX theater (down at the MN zoo) and it was spectacular. The flying footage, in particular, was stunning in IMAX. I truth, I'd love a similar movie of nothing but flying as those scenes were so incredibly gripping. My absolute dream would be for a proper Red Baron film that took a similar approach to the flying sequences as was utilized here.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I had that thought the entire time really, "Fuck I bet this was insane in an IMAX theater."

Comment

• Barb and Star go to Vista De La Mar was pretty fucking great. Yo-Yo is the goddamn best. Not at all what I was expecting based on the one trailer I saw. Dug it.

We're still going through the Die Hard flicks and we checked out Live Free or Die Hard (first time for both of us) and while this was a terrible Die Hard movie it was a pretty ridiculously fun action flick.

Lol to Kevin Smith.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Ah to have lived the life before the cryposting
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Barb & Star looks like the worst of dumbshit humor in that trailer so what's missing from it that has everybody raving Rob?
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It feels like an old school SNL movie based on reoccuring sketch characters that never actually existed.

Plus it has a whole
                Spoiler: spoilers for this dumb movie 
              Austin Powers like plot that completely drives the movie forward yet isn't shown AT ALL in any of the trailers

If you don't like Wiig or the other lady then your mileage may vary but this was silly enough and had enough laugh out loud moments that I dug it.

Maybe wait until it's cheaper to rent.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Tremors (4k from Arrow) - Fucking awesome still. This movie just shows up, kicks your ass and leaves. Love it. No fat, no wasted nonsense, nothing but Kevin Bacon and Fred Ward being great together while Burt Gummer and Reba kick ass.

Comment

• Watched the 2011 THE THREE MUSKETEERS (the steampunk one with Milla Jovovich).

Sorry but this film is a blast. It gets better and more entertaining each time that I watch it. I showed it to the wife last night and she had a lot of fun with it, even with the batshit insanity of the airships and such.
                  Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• After Matt mentioned the Naked Gun flicks the other week I decided to give the first one a re-watch as it's been YEARS. Man, it still totally holds up. Just silly nonsense that still makes me laugh out loud consistantly. I miss Leslie Neilsen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      Watched the 2011 THE THREE MUSKETEERS (the steampunk one with Milla Jovovich).

Sorry but this film is a blast. It gets better and more entertaining each time that I watch it. I showed it to the wife last night and she had a lot of fun with it, even with the batshit insanity of the airships and such.
                      I actually remember getting drunk with a girl and loving this.

Comment

• It's a lot of fun. I hesitate to call it Anderson's masterpiece as that word should never be applied to any of his films, but this film is probably his best. It's paced extremely well, the cast is game for everything and having a lot of fun, the action is well shot and fun (even if it isn't original), and it's just kinda batshit in a good way.

Comment

• I just watched the trailer for that and it looks so goddamn bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                            I just watched the trailer for that and it looks so goddamn bad.
                            It is! But bad can be good.

Comment

• Well it's on Hulu so I'll give it a go. I demand my bad films be completely over the top so this better not disappoint.

Comment

• It's also on Amazon Prime. I've seen the movie like three times now. The first time, I was kinda like 'well, that was ok' but I liked it more as it marinated in my memory. I watched it a second time and thought it was great. I watched it again the other night with the wife and loved it. It's just a hoot.

Comment

Working...
                                X