Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duuuuude.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The nurse in NOES3. I'll leave it at that.

As to me:

The wife was in a spy mood so we whipped through all of the BOURNE films over the past week, in order.

THE BOURNE IDENTITY (2002), Doug Liman
      An extremely solid first entry and, once we finished all of the films, our agreed upon favorite of the series. A terrific balance of character and action. The film also benefits from the sense of discovery which the subsequent films kinda lack as they're merely continuing the story.

THE BOURNE SUPREMACY (2004), Paul Greengrass
      Excellent but the pervasive shaky cam muddled a lot of the action sequences to the point of incoherence. Damon seems more assured in the role here. Our third favorite entry in the series.

THE BOURNE ULTIMATUM (2007), Paul Greengrass
      Essentially a direct sequel to Supremacy as the timelines kinda interconnect with each other. A much more coherent entry in the franchise and features possibly the best action sequence (the Tangier chase and fight). Our second favorite entry in the series.

THE BOURNE LEGACY (2012), Tony Gilroy
      A peripheral film in that Jason Bourne does not appear in it. It's a solid film if taken as its own thing (divorced from the other films) and Jeremy Renner makes for a good lead, but it's stylistically different from the other films and doesn't have the narrative oomph that makes the other films so gripping. Our fifth favorite entry in the series BUT, to be clear, not a bad film.

JASON BOURNE (2016), Paul Greengrass
      Damon and Greengrass return and the events of Legacy are ignored. It's good but the new narrative throughline isn't all that gripping. The final action sequence in Las Vegas is great but really pushes credulity, especially when compared to the relative believability of all of the other sequences in the franchise. Our fourth favorite entry in the series.

Lots of fun.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I would agree that the first one is my favorite, but I haven’t seen the last one yet. It never really looked interesting enough for me to give it a go.
        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Sometimes my job is really F'd up with wrecks and burnt shit, and sometimes it's like this. :-)20210126_091734.jpg
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I love Supremacy and Ultimatum and legitimately had no idea they came back together for a final one.

Comment

• Not sure what happened but I swear I didn't post that chopped up car in this thread earlier. Weird
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I can't stand the Bourne flicks (fuck you shaky cam and they ruined Bond going forward imo) and Lesley wants me to watch them all in the next few weeks. ugh.

Freaky - This was a bunch of fun. Some legit great kills and Vince Vaughn was a bunch of fun in it. Recommend it if you dug the Happy Death Day flicks as it's in that same vein.

Pyscho Goreman - Made it 30 mins in and had to bail. WORST CHILD ACTOR EVER. Like I usually don't bitch about kid actors because whatever, but this little girl completely ruined the movie to the point I just turned it off. Before that there was some fun to be had as the gore is so over the top and it feels like a bunch of stoners made a gory as fuck Power Rangers show but man that little girl was terrible. Your mileage may vary but this was a complete misfire. Go watch Turbo Kid again.

As we're on a Hitman kick still we watched the Tim Olyphant version since it's been years. Nothing special but has a few decent action scenes. The stuff in the subway is good and the "bond" girl is SMOKING HOT in this. Still need to check out the "remake" soon.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Freaky is so good.

I have Psycho Goreman sitting on the plex, man I don't wanna hear it's bad.

Comment

• Troy will go to bat for it because of some nonsense, but I won't. She is that fucking bad. And don't believe him when he says she fits the tone. she does not fit the tone. At all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                      Troy will go to bat for it because of some nonsense, but I won't. She is that fucking bad. And don't believe him when he says she fits the tone. she does not fit the tone. At all.
                      Was it Evi that chimed afterwards and kind of made my point for me? Basically, there is a tone that the filmmakers wanted. Whether or not it succeeds is a thing onto itself. But, it's still a tone.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Their tone is ridiculousness which the movie is but she is so far out in left field that it honestly ruins the whole thing anytime she's on screen. I've seen their other work and NO ONE is as bad as this little girl. The director should feel bad and like a failure for the direction given to her. All she needed was to be "normal" for like 75% of the time she's on screen and then her little annoying outbursts/facial ticks/etcc would have worked. But it was like watching someone mugging for the camera CONSTANTLY.

Comment

• BOSS LEVEL- Team Grillo Assemble! I saw it on Plex so I assume it's also on VOD somewhere. This is a must-watch if you like Frank Grillo and/or time travel movies. It's so fun.

Comment

• Marketa Lazarova.

Czech medieval epic based on a book deemed unfilmable that was published in the 1930s that involves warring clans, paganism and the encroachment of Christianity into the lives of people who have scraped, clawed and murdered as they've seen fit without shame or branding of immorality. So it is in the escalation of conflicts with these forces that leads to tragedy, greater acts of violence, as well as surprising turns of tenderness in a time of unimaginable cruelty (and some rather strange yet largely successful experimental filmic solutions to the unfilmable narrative).

Valley of the Bees is up next for me--also a medieval story by the same director--but I really want to watch this one again soon.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Dunkirk - Finally got around to this. It's pretty to look at, and Nolan loves making Hardy impossible to understand. It felt weird because basically nothing happened, but something is always fucking happening. Just a weird flow to the film, which probably made it more interesting. I didn't hate it, didn't love it. Wouldn't mind Nolan focusing on directing more direct/straight forward stories in the future.

News of the World - I adore the book, one of my favorites. The film is...fine. Performances are fine. It looks alright. It falls for a million western cliches in the way it frames the world, including my favorite pet peeve...acting like all of Texas is one big high desert. Jesus christ this story all takes place in north texas and the hill country. Why are their mountains as far as the eye can see, dust storms, and desert stretching forever. We even get a sequence (unique to the film) where they have to wander the desert and a dust storm hits and Native Americans assist them. Like...no? That whole area the big concern would be thunderstorms, getting stuck in the mud, and lightning hitting one of the billion trees. When they arrive to the hill country the Germans are trying to scratch a living out of dirt and dead trees. They went there because the soil is incredible! It's filled with vineyards now! Shit is annoying. The script really cut the nuance from the book when it didn't need to. An extra 15 minutes would have added in a lot back (like the fact Kidd DOES have a family, and is trying to find a way back into his daughter's good graces) and how he spends his days after returning to San Antonio. Not a big fan of the changes, but if you want a western and to see Hanks being Hanks and also wrecking a motherfucker with a double barrel filled with dimes check it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                BOSS LEVEL- Team Grillo Assemble! I saw it on Plex so I assume it's also on VOD somewhere. This is a must-watch if you like Frank Grillo and/or time travel movies. It's so fun.
                                Weird because the film has a March 5th release date. SOMEBODY BOOTLEGGING!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X