Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reached LOST HIGHWAY the other night now that I understand Lynch better now than when I was in school. Wowowow, it’s wild. I loved it. A friend has an interesting interpretation that I really liked.

Spoiler: Trent Reznor on sax! 
    It’s Lynch trying to process the OJ Simpson murders. Like Fred basically disassociates to try to cope with murdering his wife.

Comment

• We threw on Pineapple Express today. I've always been pretty cold on it out of that era of Apatow movie, but sure let's give it a try.

And I don't know why but this time it finally clicked with me and I was laughing the entire time. Every time I watched it before I like Craig Robinson and a few other lines here or there, but the whole movie worked for me and I was laughing the whole time. Maybe it just took the most miserable year and a need to smile to make me get it finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        I reached LOST HIGHWAY the other night now that I understand Lynch better now than when I was in school. Wowowow, it?s wild. I loved it. A friend has an interesting interpretation that I really liked.

Spoiler: Trent Reznor on sax! 
        It?s Lynch trying to process the OJ Simpson murders. Like Fred basically disassociates to try to cope with murdering his wife.

It's a common take and one that Lynch said partially inspired him.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
          We threw on Pineapple Express today. I've always been pretty cold on it out of that era of Apatow movie, but sure let's give it a try.

And I don't know why but this time it finally clicked with me and I was laughing the entire time. Every time I watched it before I like Craig Robinson and a few other lines here or there, but the whole movie worked for me and I was laughing the whole time. Maybe it just took the most miserable year and a need to smile to make me get it finally.
          One of my favorite comedies of the last 20 years. Franco is a beast.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• PINEAPPLE EXPRESS and STEP BROTHERS are two of the best comedies of the last decade for sure.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Venom (1982) is a sight to behold. Don't know the last time I had such a blast with such a piece of exploitation trash.

A hostage thriller that also happens to be a quasi-monster movie. In this case, a killer snake roaming the house as Klaus Kinski and Oliver Reed are holding a little boy hostage and playing cat-and-mouse against Nicol Williamson. Three of the most notorious "pain in the ass" actors around and it's telling when Williamson was, by all accounts, the sweetheart on that group. One gets the vibe Reed wasn't acting (intentionally) during the several sequences where he screams at the little boy and especially downing the booze from the liquor cabinet.

Looked into the behind-the-scenes shenanigans and it's wild enough to be a movie in its own right. Kinda puts the whole Poltergeist "Who really directed it?" question into context as Tobe Hooper was the original director of Venom until a combination of the footage he shot not being good and his out-of-whack demeanor on set caused his firing.

Currently free on Tubi, for those interested.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The documentary Overnight is required viewing for anyone pursuing a career in filmmaking. Absolutely skin-crawling.

Free on various streaming services like SHOUT!, Tubi and Pluto TV.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Is that the Troy Duffy one? If so, hshahaha and fuck that guy. What NOT to do when you get to Hollywood.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Over the years, I've increasingly been against giving any film crew unprecedented access to the process.

The public doesn't need to see how the sausage gets made. When I see guys like Duffy hamming it up, I think to myself "The time you are spending mugging in front of the camera is time you should be focusing on your movie."
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Nah, I want to see how the sausage is made. That movie made my hatred of boondock saints vindicated.

Comment

• Never seen Boondock Saints nor have I ever had the desire. Never even wasted a second watching a clip.

Sounds like DUDE BRO: THE MOTION PICTURE.
                        Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Day 1 of Halloween movie was yesterday.

First entry: Fright Night 86

Best line: You're so cool Brewster!

Best scene: Roddy watching Evil Ed writhe. Dude sells the shit out of the moment.

Best boobs: random girl #2 in Dandridge's house

Movie still works fairly well. SFX hold up for the most part. I just fucking love Roddy in this so much even with his terrible spray painted hair.

Comment

• Watched April Fool's Day last night.

My brain went haywire with just how many times I've seen the same actors in some other 80s franchise.

It was the Expendables of the supporting 80s teen actor. The most horrifying part? The end credits song.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Been burning through Halloween flicks this month. Each movie ties into the one prior either directly or indirectly. Helps us decide on what to watch.

1. Fright Night. See Above.

2. Silent Hill - Chris Gans tries super hard and manages to pull off an atmospheric as fuck version of Silent Hill but the use of CG doesn't always work to his advantage. Had this been based more on the second game, I think it would have worked better. Alice Kriege is still such a cunt and the final scene is pretty great if not cheesy as fuck. Still can't believe they made sequels to this.

3.Friday the 13th 4. Still one of my favorites. Crispin Glover's ridiculous dancing and dead fucking still work. Decent kills, decent boobs.

4. The Lost Boys. I STILL BELIEVE.

5. Texas Chainsaw Remake - I can't do the original flick. Shit bores and annoys me. Props to people who can sit through it. I can't. Remake is my definite Texas and I know that makes me a terrible person. Gore works really well, R.Lee is chewing scenery like it's going out of style, great intro/ending. Still dig it a bunch.

6.Poltergiest - Jo Beth is still so goddamn hot in this. Coach is fantastic. Zelda is creepy. Still love this movie so much. Everything works and everything is great.

Comment

• That's a good list so far. I have been trying to tell Sarah Silent Hill isn't good, but it 100% worth watching once. Poltergeist is still the one movie to truly fuck me up.

Comment

Working...
                                X