Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
    The cultural reappropriation (by Film Twitter/Social Media) on NOES2 is on the same level of "You have GOT to be fucking kidding me" as Grease 2.

It totally glosses over the film being a rush job that alienated Craven from Bob Shaye and New Line for a few years.

Jack Sholder (the director) was a Shaye bro that was cutting trailers for New Line and used to bail out productions that Shaye got started without much forethought.

The same Bob Shaye that fucked up Island of Dr. Moreau is the same Bob Shaye that made NOES2.

But, the Film Twitter cult likes bad movies that they can spin and make work for themselves. I appreciate them looking at movies Pre Wokeness, but still they find some way to fuck it up.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• to be fair, Jack Sholder made the fucking awesome movie THE HIDDEN, so I'm gonna give him a pass on NOES2.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      Originally posted by Martin
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        to be fair, Jack Sholder made the fucking awesome movie THE HIDDEN, so I'm gonna give him a pass on NOES2.

He made it after NOES2 and with a talent team of people around him. Also, it wasn't like it was following up a blockbuster released less than a year prior.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Doesn't the lead from NOES2 have like PTSD from all the "it's totes gay" crowd?
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Seth Rogen's filmography has been considerably more miss than hit (despite killer concepts and often fantastic trailers).

But An American Pickle is really good featuring a career-best performance from him. To his (and the film's) credit, it never once falls on Rogen's go-to pot humor. While it has its funny moments, it leans more dramatic.

I totally get why Sony sold this off to Warner Bros though.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• The Blackcoat's Daughter. Hell of a slow burn, almost too much, but sticks the ending. Dug it more than I thought I was going to. Oz Perkins is odd.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                The Blackcoat's Daughter. Hell of a slow burn, almost too much, but sticks the ending. Dug it more than I thought I was going to. Oz Perkins is odd.
                God, Sarah and I fucking HATED that movie and I feel like we are taking crazy pills. I see so many opinions talking about how good this movie is and I feel like we saw a movie with the wrong title card.

Comment

• I mean, I'm not saying I loved it but it was definitely a good atmospheric thriller. That being said, I can definitely understand why you would hate it. For whatever reason this worked for me.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I hated it too, Billy. It thought it was way more clever than it actually was. But I think Rob’s right that the atmosphere was very good.

Comment

• Late to the party: Zodiac. Beautiful, well acted, fucking frustrating that the dude was never caught. 1/2 a tampon
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• Yesssss

Comment

• Kick-Ass in 4k. Goddamn the colors in this movie are amazing. Mark Strong is still great, Nic Cage as Adam West is still one of the best superheroes ever, fight scenes still stand up and are great, and I still want to bang his hot teacher from the beginning.

Comment

• I remember it being (mis)sold as a Death Race 2000 update and specifically highlighted an ass shot of Rhona Mitra for its entire marketing campaign circa 2008.

But finally got around to seeing Doomsday. While it feels like 3-4 movies stuffed into 1 and not entirely successful, I gotta admit I liked it. Pure junk-food cinema.

In honor of the great Carl Reiner, I checked out Oh, God! Without question, the best film to tackle faith and spirituality on screen. In fact, the more I think about it, the more it's kinda perfectly-executed.
                            Originally posted by Ari
                            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Doomsday fucking rules and everyone should appreciate it way more.

Comment

• Go. Still love this movie so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X