Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
    We're having fun going through the Bruce Lee movies in that new Criterion set.

So war, we've done THE BIG BOSS and WAY OF THE DRAGON. Both are great but the fights in WotD are amazing, and the final showdown between Bruce Lee and Chuck Norris is phenomenal.

The Big Boss has one of my favorite 70s scores.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
      The Big Boss has one of my favorite 70s scores.
      We were enjoying it as well. It's like a cross between everything great about the 60s, the 70s, and China in general. We were laughing at it at first but by the midpoint we were really grooving on it.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Happy Death Day 2 - Holy shit, I wish these movies had better names, because this sequel is one of the best "horror" sequels I've seen in a long time and goddammit I want the third one now.

What a fun fucking franchise with a stupid name and shitty trailers.

Highly recommend watching both of these almost back to back if you can. It's like BttF trilogy (will totally be if we get the teased third) hahah.
        Yeah, man these movies rule.

Comment

• I did not have high hopes for the sequel but in a lot of ways it was better than the first movie. I wouldn’t mind it turning into a franchise.

Comment

• FIST OF FURY was awesome.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
              FIST OF FURY was awesome.

It's the movie that made Nunchuks cool.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• So Sarah doesn't really like slasher flicks, and I fucking love them. In an attempt to find her any joy in slashers we are working through Nightmare on Elm Street. I figured there's a little more to them than big titty girl gets knifed for giving a blowie in a tent, maybe they will hook her. I know I am not getting beyond the second Friday the 13th with her.

Anyways, we watched part 2 this weekend. I have NO recollection of 2 or 3 at all. I bet the last time I saw either I was like 10 or 12. Sarah was listening to some podcast about LGBTQ representation in horror, and she comes running in like "oh god are we watching part 2 tonight? apparently it's some gay horror masterpiece" and I was totally lost to wtf she was talking about.

Then we watched it and holy shit. This movie is SO GAY. And reading after about how the screenwriter totally meant to write it gay, and the director had no fucking clue. Absolutely hilarious.

Man, the leather bar scene...and the teacher takes the kid back to school and plans to...i guess tie him up with jump ropes and rape him? What in the fuck. This movie is filled with such bizzare bullshit. It is an AWFUL NOES movie, but it is an incredible bad horror movie. The pool scene with Freddy "menacing" the kids out in full awake real world is like a bad home movie you made when your friend got a Freddy costume for Halloween.

Comment

• Hahaa. Jesse is the best.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• We watched the director's cut of Daredevil. Jesus christ this was almost a completely different flick.

Say what you will about this nonsense (it's fun but silly) but Colin Farrell's take on Bullseye is one of my favorite all time Marvel comic book villains. There was so much more of him in the director's cut as well which was great. Ben tries his best, Jennifer is the worst Elektra, the nu-metal soundtrack is grating, but goddammit this movie is fun.

Because of this, we also watched the director's cut of Green Lantern.

I haven't seen this in years. This totally works for me still. I don't know enough about Hal to be upset about Ryan Reynolds and in the same vein as above, Peter Saarsgaard as Hector is one of DC's best villians. You just feel so fucking bad for that dude.

Mark Strong and the rest of the Lanterns are awesome. We need more GL dammit.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• We finally watched ZODIAC this weekend. Wow. I think it may be Fincher's best film.

Comment

• Zodiac is the shit. So goddamn good. And such great FX work that you don't even realize is there.

Comment

• Zodiac is incredible. We watched it again last winter.

Farrell as Bullseye is so good. I always loved the dude. I remember when people shit all over him. he was the only good thing in the movie!

Also, speaking of, we watched Miami Vice the movie this weekend. Sarah has decided she wants to get into Michael Mann, which I am all for. We agree, skeezy long hair gross scumbag Colin Farrell is extremely hot. And the soundtrack is fucking hilarious. The cover of In The Air Tonight is so fucking bad at the end of the movie.

I still really like the movie though. It's got issues, but I like it a lot. The cast is killer all the way down the roster.

Comment

• Is this Dave Franco horror movie The Rental actually decent?

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                              Is this Dave Franco horror movie The Rental actually decent?

I liked it, but it's a super thin movie.

You could describe the entire movie in 30 seconds and have 5 seconds to spare.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                                So Sarah doesn't really like slasher flicks, and I fucking love them. In an attempt to find her any joy in slashers we are working through Nightmare on Elm Street. I figured there's a little more to them than big titty girl gets knifed for giving a blowie in a tent, maybe they will hook her. I know I am not getting beyond the second Friday the 13th with her.

Anyways, we watched part 2 this weekend. I have NO recollection of 2 or 3 at all. I bet the last time I saw either I was like 10 or 12. Sarah was listening to some podcast about LGBTQ representation in horror, and she comes running in like "oh god are we watching part 2 tonight? apparently it's some gay horror masterpiece" and I was totally lost to wtf she was talking about.

Then we watched it and holy shit. This movie is SO GAY. And reading after about how the screenwriter totally meant to write it gay, and the director had no fucking clue. Absolutely hilarious.

Man, the leather bar scene...and the teacher takes the kid back to school and plans to...i guess tie him up with jump ropes and rape him? What in the fuck. This movie is filled with such bizzare bullshit. It is an AWFUL NOES movie, but it is an incredible bad horror movie. The pool scene with Freddy "menacing" the kids out in full awake real world is like a bad home movie you made when your friend got a Freddy costume for Halloween.
                                The cultural reappropriation (by Film Twitter/Social Media) on NOES2 is on the same level of "You have GOT to be fucking kidding me" as Grease 2.
                                Originally posted by Ari
                                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Working...
                                X