Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minus the chorus that is totally terrible.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Halloween '18 as Lesley was curious. Yep, still hated this movie. She also thought it sucked. Just a waste of a movie.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I liked it but it was definitely a one and done for me.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        Originally posted by Martin
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• What a waste of an idea.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• It really is. I still dont get why the horror fans like it so much.

I mean I concede it's better than the last few Halloween entries but that's not saying much.

Comment

• It’s because they’re wrong.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I liked it, but didn't love it.

The more you see it, the more it drops in quality.

However, it plays to certain things that the loudmouths want. I hope the sequel gets it right, but not going to hold my breath.
                My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  And then there’s score. The hyped Thom Yorke’s score is another part of the tonal problem in the film. When horrible or sinister things occur that are beyond belief, the music runs counterpoint and the scenes land with a dull thud. Maybe independently the music is a nice solo project for fans of the guy, but as a score it doesn’t work very well and at times actively robs sequences of their potency.
                  This. This. A thousand times this. Fuck that lame ass score and even worse vocal stuff. Doesn't fit anything going on, particularly the big scene near the end. I want to watch a fan edit where they stick goblin back into it or something..

That said, I sorta enjoyed this even though it was bloated and awkward and pretentious and the ending didn't work. Dakota miscast is probably accurate but she was doing some witchcraft in my pants and so it never bothered me enough. Knew Tilda was the old man (why??? Kept waiting for in movie payoff on that) but didn't know she was Markos as well. Eye roll.

It's really a shame because this movie has a few great, brutal scenes (Olga dance) that had me fully on board, but the finale fell super flat for me, the score as mentioned undermined every scene, and the whole old man subplot could be fired into the sun without losing anything of value

7/10 would watch Dakota dance in her undies again
                  Last edited by Trejo; 01-24-2019, 02:20 AM.
                  XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• The Kid Who Would Be King was kinda awesome.
                    Originally posted by Ari
                    The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Vice is a Goddamn mess. All over the place tonally in the worst ways possible, and desperately wants to have its cake and eat it too. Can't decide what/who it is ranting for/against. The same seething anger that made The Big Short such a breath of fresh air makes this loony.
                      Originally posted by Ari
                      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Adam McKay is a shit dramatic director.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Bohemian Rhapsody. Yep, that sure was an episode of Behind the Music alright.

The Live Aid thing was the only thing that made it worth watching and you could just go and watch the actual thing.

No idea why this is getting the amount of praise it is. It's legit a movie of the week with a budget.

Comment

• That's every biopic. I fucking loathe them for the most part.

Comment

• I still like The Doors.

Comment

• Doors is definitely in the top tier.

Comment

Working...
                                X