Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    JAWS in 4k is glorious.
    YES! I just watched this as well and it is indeed glorious. I'm not sure it's that much more of an improvement over the already great blu ray, but whatever...if ever a film was worth the expense, it's this one.

I must say, the opening scene with Chrissie would not be R rated.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• I loved AD ASTRA too, Josh. Hit that "ponderous sci-fi" sweet spot for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
        I loved AD ASTRA too, Josh. Hit that "ponderous sci-fi" sweet spot for me.
        Yes! always good to meet another fan of this movie.
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• I really wanted to like that movie, but it's so damn threadbare.

And was an interlude with a cg Shakma necessary?

Probably not.

The throughline with his dad, arguably the most interesting part of the whole thing (and all of the implications direct and implied to their warring philosophies upon confronting the edge of known space), is given a really weak finality that feels rushed and unsatisfying as a conclusion.

And yet, I want more space based existentialist films. Go figure.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I totally get why you didn't 100% dig it but for some reason it just hit all the sweet spots for me.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
              I totally get why you didn't 100% dig it but for some reason it just hit all the sweet spots for me.
              Same. It was exactly the movie that I was wanting to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                I totally get why you didn't 100% dig it but for some reason it just hit all the sweet spots for me.
                And sometimes that’s just how it goes.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• For sure. I appreciate that Brad Pitt is taking some chances instead of churning out easy paint by numbers type shit too.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Hunt. So silly and so fun. Betty Gilpin was fucking great.

"YOU FUCKED UP BITCHHHH!"
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I am a total wuss, so is Ad Astra scary at all? Or just suspenseful? I remember the previews looking interesting, but I was afraid that it would terrify me.
                      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• There are suspenseful moments in it but nothing of extreme concern.

Comment

• Yeah, I'd say suspenseful but nothing anywhere near "scary"

Comment

• Thanks, guys!
                            Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

• No problem.

Comment

• Master and Commander. Goddamn do I want a fucking 4k version of this. So fucking awesome. I think I remember Matt gushing about this and since I'm on a huge pirate kick atm this was perfect.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X