Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    Maybe I should give it another shot. I tried watching it three or four times and it just didn't grab my attention.

I watched TRAIN TO BUSAN the other day and it was a really good zombie movie. Fast zombies, though, if you're a purist.
    I go through phases on my zombies. Some days I don't mind fast, some days I loathe it. Will check it out eventually. If you have children do NOT watch The Lodge on Hulu.
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I watched THE LODGE this morning and thought it was pretty good. A lot like HEREDITARY of HEREDITARY was good.

Comment

• watched OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN last night. I'd seen it before but my wife hadn't. She was in an action mood and saw that I had LONDON and ANGEL. When I told her it was a franchise, she wanted to watch the first one. Luckily, Netflix has it.

Fun movie. More violent and mean spirited than the typical DIE HARD knock offs, but it also has a solid throughline of a plot and provides some good action entertainment. Surprisingly, my wife kinda loved it, so I guess we're banging out the FALLEN movies this weekend.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
          I watched THE LODGE this morning and thought it was pretty good. A lot like HEREDITARY of HEREDITARY was good.
          I have that on deck for this weekend
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• But Hereditary was good. Grave what
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I wasn't a fan at all. Same with Midsommer. Shit did nothing for me whatsoever.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I appreciated aspects of Midsommar, but it became a theatre troupe exercise camp by the end. The opening is still extremely effective.

Hereditary has more going for it than the surface plot, which also loses steam toward the end with haxan Mama Cass doing nekkid exposition. But for most of the run time, Toni Collette ACTS HARD and it is great when the scenes involve her. Her son, not so much.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Russ View Post
                  But Hereditary was good. Grave what
                  A great performance from Collette and a few good scares but that's it. Everything else it was trying to say was overwrought and dull. Aster thinks he's far more clever than he actually is. Same for Midsommar. Really interesting locale and a few good ideas but everything else is total garbage. Terrible characters, stupid ending.

Comment

• Hated Midsommar outside the opening, Hereditary will be tonight probably.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• The Lodge was pretty great. Really fucking enjoyed it. The sound design was on point and I was on edge most of the flick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                        The Lodge was pretty great. Really fucking enjoyed it. The sound design was on point and I was on edge most of the flick.
                        Yep. I spent so much time thinking it was a thousand different things. So glad I wasn't spoiled.

Comment

• Ford V Ferrari.

Eh. I was bored as fuck during it. I'm not a car guy at all. It was well acted and shot, I just didn't care.

Serial Mom. Holy shit this still holds up and is even funnier than I remember it being. Kathleen Turner is so goddamn great in this.

PUSSYWILLOW.

Comment

• bummer. hoped you'd like that one.

we watched THE GENTLEMEN. Loved it.
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• It was just too ehhhhh for me last night. Again, performances and whatnot were good, I just didn't care for the story at all.

The Gentlemen is great. Colin was awesome in it as was Grant.

Comment

• favorite performance ever from Hugh Grant.

And I still say that FVF is my favorite movie from last year. So there.

Comment

Working...
                                X