Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was Pattinson?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• His accent slipped a bit here and there but he held his own with Dafoe.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• JOKER- Society, you guys... society . If Joaquin wasn't excellent, this movie would be total garbage instead of "just okay". Glad I didn't pay money to see it.

Comment

• JOJO RABBIT. Excellent but not as funny as the trailers make it out to be.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Dream Warriors remains not only the best of the Nightmare on Elm Street sequels (and one of the all-time great sequels). But it's the best installment, period.
            Originally posted by Ari
            The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• I love the first one the best but the third definitely is up there.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I think of the original (and New Nightmare) as another example of Craven falling short in executing his own great idea.

And while I respect the man, the amount of his films that had to be massively reshot (start-to-finish overhauls) is quite telling.
                Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                  JOKER- Society, you guys... society . If Joaquin wasn't excellent, this movie would be total garbage instead of "just okay". Glad I didn't pay money to see it.
                  This is where I was on it. Just wasn't feeling it.
                  "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• It was true back in '98, and it remains so now.

John Carpenter's Vampires is awesome.
                    Originally posted by Ari

Comment

• IT Chapter 2. What a shitty movie. I dug the beginning with the gay couple and some of the scenes peppered throughout (everything with Hader and Eddie was great) but it was so CGI and jump scare heavy, even more so than the first, that it was laughable. IT was also WAY too long. I didn't care about half way through.

Giant naked grandma would have made an awesome Bloodborne boss but it was FUCKING RIDICULOUS in this. So was the ripoff of the Norris Thing from The Thing.

the cg was so baaaaaaaaad. At least I still enjoy the first one.

Comment

• Watched a couple of classics for the first time over the last few days:

THE CONVERSATION (1974): Excellent. I've been meaning to watch this for years and I'm glad I finally got to it. This might be the best performance of Hackman's career. It's too bad this didn't come out in 1975 instead as it probably would have won best picture (it lost to THE GODFATHER II, also by Copolla).

THE ANDERSON TAPES (1971): Good, not great. The Quincy Jones soundtrack kills a lot of it, unfortunately. Remove that and the film would probably go up a few notches in my book. It was fun to see early Christopher Walken and Garrett Morris!
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• The Conversation is one of my favorites. Haven't watched it in years. Need to fix that, but like most movies these days I just never find the time.

Comment

• The Guest. Been a while and it still is totally so goddamn fucking amazing. Dan Stevens is the BEST.

Comment

• READY ON NOT- studios need to remember that a tight 90 minutes can be just as good, if not better, than three hour CG fests. This movie was a lot of fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
                                READY ON NOT- studios need to remember that a tight 90 minutes can be just as good, if not better, than three hour CG fests. This movie was a lot of fun.
                                Ceej and I watched this tonight. Fucking loved it and they stuck the fucking ending for once.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Working...
                                X