Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shining (Lesley's fav). This is now the 5th or 6th time I've given this movie a shot and yet it still does absolutely nothing for me. I know I'm in the minority, but fuck this shit is boring. Beautiful in 4k but boring. Not for me. Hoping Doctor Sleep is a bit more my jam since she wants to see that in the theater.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
      The Shining (Lesley's fav). This is now the 5th or 6th time I've given this movie a shot and yet it still does absolutely nothing for me. I know I'm in the minority, but fuck this shit is boring. Beautiful in 4k but boring. Not for me. Hoping Doctor Sleep is a bit more my jam since she wants to see that in the theater.
      I get that.
      Originally posted by Ari
      The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Not bad actually. Would have loved it as a kid. Some decent monsters and effects.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• SESSION 9- I still think this is truly scary with nary a jump scare or CG goblin in sight. I took a break for spooky movies but I figure I'll finish the month strong. On to Cabin in the Woods next, which isn't particularly scary but is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anderson View Post
            The Kanye IMAX doc for a second time.

Between this and the Lighthouse, there is some interesting cinema out there.
            I will never be able to take Kanye serious about anything ever again after "you're my chick-fil-a....." I just can't.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Leviathan. It's been awhile and it still mostly holds up. Daniel Stern as the rapey crew guy is ridiculous, Peter Weller is trying his best, and the creature effects are both great and silly at the same time.

Crenna owns.

Comment

• GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS. I watched this one on the plane to California for work. Total slog. There are some good effects and battles in there but the movie itself is completely inert.

LIFEFORCE. I grabbed this from Shout factory as it came with both cuts of the film and I'd never seen the longer, international cut. Steve Railsback is terrible in the lead but it's a lot of fun in a B movie kinda way, and I liked how the international cut allowed the opening sequence on the space shuttle to breathe a bit. The Mathilda May sequences are, of course, the most memorable parts of the movie, and they lived up to my memories.
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Godzilla sucked. So goddamn boring.

Comment

• I thought it was... ok. I enjoyed all the giant monster fights, but the air got sucked out of the room whenever we'd get to scenes involving the humans.

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                      I will never be able to take Kanye serious about anything ever again after "you're my chick-fil-a....." I just can't.

It's a Phillip Glass style art documentary that is super short and pissing people off.
                      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• NotLD 90's version. Still love this goddamn version so goddamn much. YOU YO-YO's! YOU LAMEBRAINS.

so good.

Comment

• Hahaha Towles is so fun in that movie.

Oh cool, they have McCullough’s score on Spotify.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Towles is amazing in it.

Comment

• NotLD 90's is where I fell for Patricia Tallman. Hard.

Comment

• Had a lovely time at the movies with an audience of equally starved film fans at The Lighthouse.

It has a kindred spirit in its tonal shifts of horror and black comedy with that of Ravenous. And to the same grim undercurrent comes a swift sea change to take you off guard all over again.

There is one scene in particular that is worthy of seeing on the big screen that is absolutely incredible to behold that is just three elements strong and all the more for it: high contrast lighting, Willem Dafoe’s contorting face, and a fantastic monologue stemming from the most unlikely of arguments.

Likewise, the format lends itself to some beautiful photography and captures the dark, unforgiving nature of the setting and the unfortunate duo populating it.

Great performances and nothing fancier than what feels like an old salt’s tale of burgeoning madness in isolation.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X